01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Smart Event Alarms

McTrucker

Hi folks,

So I have 6 cameras DS-2CD236G0-I using the NVR DS-7608NI

Just recently I have noticed that I stopped receiving intrusion alerts from 2 of the cameras via the Hik-Connect app. I have gone through all the settings and they seem identically set up to the other 4. I have even deleted and reset the intrusion zones via the IE web page.

I can’t for the life of me figure out why they are no longer alerting me so I’m looking for some experienced advice.

Check the settings using the locally connected monitor or if using the IE web page do this on the NVR's web page rather than the cameras web page.

Check:
1- the event is enabled

2- the "Notify surveillance centre" option is checked for the cameras

3 - they are scheduled for 24/7

4 - If everything looks OK there, check to see that those settings are the same in the individual cameras web page. Occasionally I've known a setting to be applied in the local GUI or NVR web page to be not carried across into the camera so it all looks correct but isn't

5 - Prove the intrusion alert is actually triggering at all. Select the option for "full screen monitoring" in the NVR for each camera and trigger them so you know it's not just your detection area, min/max object size, dwell time, sensitivity at fault

6 - on the Hik Connect app log out and log back in again

Also check if you enabled notifications in HikConnect (one for HikConnect app and another one for each camera in HikConnect)

In HikConnect, you have to enable alarms *and* enable push notifications. Two different menus so be sure to check.

See @fullboogie's comment in this thread on where these different menus are:

There are two different areas in Hik Connect that need to be enabled to get push notifications. One is "push notifications"
ZqDJzWp.jpg

And the other is alarm notifications:

Omozhjk.jpg

Note that the first image is of the general settings in the app. The second image is for the NVR's settings.

The first setting only turns on/off push notifications in the app. The notifications stop, but if you go into the app and look at the notifications icon at the bottom, you will see they are being logged in the app and you can view the video. It's just the app's notifications on your phone that will be suspended. The second setting actually turns off alarms being generated by the NVR.

You have to find each page to set them to "on." It can be confusing the first time you look for these.

Back