01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Smart Event Missing on NVR GUI

malford

DS-7608NI-I2/8P
FW V4.50.000, build 210125

Help!
I needed to adjust my line crossing today and noticed the “smart event” drop down menu is missing on the NVR GUI.
SYSTEM/EVENT/NORMAL EVENT then should go to SMART.

If I log into the Web GUI via laptop I can access the Smart event tab and get access to the line crossing setup.

Ive restarted NVR several times but still missing?
Checked FW all up to date on IP cameras.

Is it another bug or have Hikvision moved the smart configuration setting?

Attachments

• F3AB35E9-3AEA-46B9-BE1B-ACDC66A8CE10.jpeg
    F3AB35E9-3AEA-46B9-BE1B-ACDC66A8CE10.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 419
DS-7608NI-I2/8P
FW V4.50.000, build 210125

Help!
I needed to adjust my line crossing today and noticed the “smart event” drop down menu is missing on the NVR GUI.
SYSTEM/EVENT/NORMAL EVENT then should go to SMART.

If I log into the Web GUI via laptop I can access the Smart event tab and get access to the line crossing setup.

Ive restarted NVR several times but still missing?
Checked FW all up to date on IP cameras.

Is it another bug or have Hikvision moved the smart configuration setting?
It's been moved. On the monitor GUI click the Smart Analysis icon on the top bar (fourth from left)., then Perimeter Protection.

Upvote 0
this is great but i get error on NVR GUI as well as browser ?? any idea ?

Could you elaborate a bit? The post is just saying that the configuration menu for line crossing has moved from one menu to another following the firmware change. If you’ve an error relating to updating the firmware it would be best to start a new thread with that subject.

Upvote 0
Could you elaborate a bit? The post is just saying that the configuration menu for line crossing has moved from one menu to another following the firmware change. If you’ve an error relating to updating the firmware it would be best to start a new thread with that subject.
Hello and thanks – I've been thru the web without luck - i have DS-2CD2387G2-LU. (4k ColorVu) when in hik browser (ms ie and also ms edge) setting up my cameras all seems to work well except when i try to "save" a setting "smart event" on this DS-2CD2387G2-LU. I can save basic event settings but can't save any smart change/setup. i get "device error" popping up on the bottom right ?? any ideas. I also have some PCI-T18F2S cameras and they work and save the changes ?? any thoughts ?

Upvote 0
Hello and thanks – I've been thru the web without luck - i have DS-2CD2387G2-LU. (4k ColorVu) when in hik browser (ms ie and also ms edge) setting up my cameras all seems to work well except when i try to "save" a setting "smart event" on this DS-2CD2387G2-LU. I can save basic event settings but can't save any smart change/setup. i get "device error" popping up on the bottom right ?? any ideas. I also have some PCI-T18F2S cameras and they work and save the changes ?? any thoughts ?
Ahh ok. It's likely just a browser issue then. First clear your browser history. Then try using Internet Explorer while running as administrator (right click > run as administrator). Out of interest, is it smart event on the NVRs menu or directly on the cameras menu that is throwing the error?

Upvote 0
Ahh ok. It's likely just a browser issue then. First clear your browser history. Then try using Internet Explorer while running as administrator (right click > run as administrator). Out of interest, is it smart event on the NVRs menu or directly on the cameras menu that is throwing the error?
both throw the error ! !

Upvote 0
both throw the error ! !
Does it work if you use the local menu on the NVR using the monitor and mouse? Can you take a look at the cameras settings via its web menu. Check the VCA Resource setting as shown in the image below. It must be on Smart Event not Monitoring or Face Capture:

Screenshot 2021-11-11 at 21.11.18.png

Upvote 0
Does it work if you use the local menu on the NVR using the monitor and mouse? Can you take a look at the cameras settings via its web menu. Check the VCA Resource setting as shown in the image below. It must be on Smart Event not Monitoring or Face Capture:

View attachment 6967
thanks for the tip but I'm still banging my head. Doesn't work when doing locally on NVR while using mouse and also or either on web browser as VCA Resource is on smart event. ??

Upvote 0
i think i fixed it - new firmware (not available in Canada but downloaded from Global site) Seems to be good - loving this camera
I was just going to ask what version firmware the NVR and camera were on - glad it's sorted for you. I only have one of those models currently installed and mine has a regular annoying flicker so will probably get rejected.

Upvote 0
Spoke too soon - worked when i went to bed and now no resource and or not enough bandwidth grrrr. Not sure why the firmware update would have caused this (i'm not techy enough obviously) maybe i'll revert to old firmware. Have any thoughts

Upvote 0
Back