01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Smart tracking and NVR issue

Aomega001

I set the smart tracking in the cameras own console DS-2DE4A225IW-DE and it tracks seamlessly however the NVR DS-7604NI-E1 / 4P/A does not record the smart tracking. The NVR records fine when the Smart tracking is off. Can anyone tell me what settings I need to enable/disable for the smart tracking to be recorded by the NVR please? Both of the cameras and the NVR have the latest Firmware.

Last edited:
Sorry, this doesn't immediately make sense to me.
Are you recording continuously?
Surely it doesn't matter what the camera is doing?
The NVR just records what the camera feeds ...

Thank you for your reply. No it is set to event 24/7. If set to constant yes it records all of the time but the events or alarms ar not flagged so I do not know when anything happened, instead I have to trawl through hours of footage. Under smart events/linkage on the camera there is the option which i set to start smart tracking. When something is detected by the camera it starts to track but does not record to the NVR or the NVR does not see it as an event so does not trigger recording. Why I am confused is that when smart tracking is not enabled any motion event is recorded as you would expect. I have both of my cameras set so that motion detection is not enabled as I get to many false alarms. I only have smart events/intrusion detection enabled and it records any event with no issues. For some unknown reason the NVR is not seeing the smart tracking linkage as an event so fails to record. Put plainly, when smart events/intrusion detection is enabled and an intrusion is detected the NVR records the event. As soon as the smart tracking linkage is enabled it records nothing but the camera senses the intrusion event and tracks the object but the NVR ignores the event. My NVR is quite old and the firmware although at the latest version seems quite flaky for example; up until 2 months ago I only had 1 camera. I added a second and for no reason that I could see, and I scoured the settings, when motion was detected by the the new cam the NVR would trigger the older cams PTZ to move to preset 2. I had not set this linkage and the option was clearly unticked in the settings page of both cams and the NVR but it still happened. The only way was to reset both cams which cured the issue but time consuming as I had to set everything back up. I soon saw another bug, when I activated the cameras I did it through the NVR not SADP and as a consequence a lot of the settings including the max zoom setting within the the cameras own web interfaces were returning error messages. I once again reset the cams and activated them with SADP I now have no settings issues only the smart tracking eludes me. Sorry to drone on but clarity is best.

Last edited:
Hi,
Did you ever get this working?
I seem to be having the same issues with the Smart Tracking on the DS-2DE4AA25IW-DE cameras.
My NVR is a DS-7608NI-I2.
The Smart Tracking works fine when set in the camera via the GUI interface but wont record any events on the NVR :(

No I didn't. Hikvision are about as much use a tits on a fish they couldn't help and it looks like nobody on here has a clue either. There is also no way to bump a thread so I can't draw attention to it in the hope a newer member may have a solution Sorry. If you do find a solution please get back to me. Just to add that this thread has been viewed 136 times which is more than most so obviously a common problem.

Hi @Aomega001 and @roders

I have shared this issue with Hikvision support, they were unaware of the issue and are setting up a PTZ to test/verify this issue tomorrow.

When they get back to us with an update we will let you know.

just for future reference, any comment/post you make on a thread bumps it back to the top of the latest post list, this can be an update on the issue or simply just post the word 'bump' to alert us to a continuing issue.

Thanks for the reply Dan,
I still have had no joy setting this up on my NVR. As Roders states it will not record to the NVR when an event occurs. I can set my NVR to constant record but then there is no way to tell when an event occured and I am just faced with a full days worth of recording to wade through which is very time consuming.
All I want the NVR to do is recognise the cameras smart tracking as an event and record. The NVR has all of the intrusion, line crossing etc settings that the camera has and records those events when detected it just has no option for smart tracking. I hope Hikvision come up with a simple, clear and complete set of instructions on how to achieve Smart tracking recording.

UPDATE: Hikvision Support has responded this morning saying they have tested smart tracking triggered by event and cannot see any issue with the recording:

I just tested DS-2DE4A425IW-DE V5.6.15 build 191211 with DS-9664NI-I16 V4.40.016 build 200803, set the recording schedule to Event, and only enable intrusion detection for the camera. Smart tracking is enabled on the PTZ settings and set as a linkage action for the event. I can successfully find the event recording in playback. Please check customer’s PTZ version and suggest them to upgrade to the latest version for a test

They have shared a link for the latest 4A425/4A225 PTZ firmware - v5.6.15 - can you update the firmware if you haven't already and try the above setup that Hik support have described, if you still have the issue let us know. (maybe share screenshots of what you see in playback as that may help understand the issue better)

Could it be the Firmware of our NVR's not supporting Smart Tracking?
The only way to set a trigger for Smart Event (Intrusion Detection) to trigger Smart Tracking is direct in the web config of the camera.
From within the camera Enabled, Intrusion Detection, Drawn the box, Threshold =1, Sensitivity = 65, Arming Schedule all is purple, Linkage Method (ticked Notify Surfellance Center & Smart Tracking), *Didn't tick Trigger Recording as there is only the option for A1?
From the NVR there is no option for Smart Tracking when setting up the Intrusion Detection Smart Event for the camera.
Our NVR is a DS-7608NI-I2/8P (Australian Model) with current Firmware V4.22.000 build 200418

Last edited:
Could it be the Firmware of our NVR's not supporting Smart Tracking?
The only way to set a trigger for Smart Event (Intrusion Detection) to trigger Smart Tracking is direct in the web config of the camera.
From within the camera Enabled, Intrusion Detection, Drawn the box, Threshold =1, Sensitivity = 65, Arming Schedule all is purple, Linkage Method (ticked Notify Surfellance Center & Smart Tracking), *Didn't tick Trigger Recording as there is only the option for A1?
From the NVR there is no option for Smart Tracking when setting up the Intrusion Detection Smart Event for the camera.
Our NVR is a DS-7608NI-I2/8P (Australian Model) with current Firmware V4.22.000 build 200418

I think you are correct. What a nightmare trying to get the NVR to record the same way as the PTZ. Did you find a solution to this?

Sorry for the very late update. I have included a screen shot of the PTZ settings and there is nothing there to enable tracking. I am now using a far newer NVR which is the DS-7608NI-K2 / 8P on firmware version V4.30.011 build 200803. How Hikvision could say there the settings are there 2 years ago is beyond me as they are not there now, unless they removed them since? The screen shot is in the NVR settings not the camera, using internet explorer.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-06-30 17.37.05.png
    Screenshot 2022-06-30 17.37.05.png
    120.2 KB · Views: 120
Back