01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

SMTP issue - DS-7716N-E4/16P

EbolaSmurf

I seem to have som weird issue with my network.
In the end of July I stopped getting notification emails. I had a 7108 NVR then but upgraded to a 7716 last week.
I cannot get the email notification to work. Even called my ISP to check if they blocked me or something.
I do NOT use google gmail for outgoing emails.
I have two different SMTP providers that I pay for but none of them work from the NVR. The accounts work from my PC if I put them in i.e Outlook etc.
I only get the "Email test notification failed" on the NVR.
Any suggestions? Im about to sell my 6 cameras and NVR just to solve this issue... :(

What's the firmware version of your NVR? Most Hikvision NVRs have seen a number of changes to email functionality in the last few releases, but they should work on the latest.
For the DS-7716NI-E4-16P the current latest release is v3.4.80 which you can download from this section of the Hikvision European download portal.

Can you try updating to this version and trying again? Make sure your device is an international / western region model and NOT a Chinese model or you'll brick it.
It might be worth trying an alternate SMTP port if available too. The standard port of 25 is frequently blocked.

Back