01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

MacOS Software & Mac OSX..?

aircub

What software can I use to look at the H264/m4v videos, I assumed that as the recording was H264 Then Mac OSX 10.6 would see them auto
automatically but it does not.?

Hello aircub,

Welcome aboard, and please accept my apologies for making you wait for this response as I was trying to get a full answer for you ...

We're waiting for some further information from Sanyo on this issue of Mac compatibility with their HD4000's recording.

We've got the following so far:
I understand what the user is getting at but as you know the base CODEC is only half the story. The camera uses H.264 to compress the video information but it outputs the stream in several different ways. I only know of one application for CCTV recording on the Mac and it does not support H.264 products but maybe one day.

The good news is that I received an application note via Sanyo HQ in Munich that would allow display of RTSP from HD4000 on Quicktime player and I will forward to you when I get electronic form. I would assume however that your client is looking to record and display the resultant on Apple Mac computers and if so then we are still in same situation. I will probe about and see if there is any moves to use an alternative method it would be nice to pair such innovative products as the HD4000 and the mac.
I'll prompt Sanyo for further news next week.

Hello aircub,

Welcome aboard, and please accept my apologies for making you wait for this response as I was trying to get a full answer for you ...

We're waiting for some further information from Sanyo on this issue of Mac compatibility with their HD4000's recording.

We've got the following so far:
I'll prompt Sanyo for further news next week.

Great will wait to see, I am just surprised that as H264 is a quicktime format that it cannot see any of the video.

Back