01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

[SOLVED] Hikvision Gmail Failure

DS-2CD2420F-IW / V5.4.0 build 160401 work with gmail app password and TLS not SSL... not tested with default email password

STILL NOT WORKING I MADE TODAY THIS UPDATE FOR 2 DS-7216HGHI-SH
Turbo HD DVR V3.3.3 build160716 Release Notes (2016-8-3)
New Features
i. Newly support zoom function for R6 platform electric lens IPCs. Modified functions
i. It will configure the device IP address as default if the device gets no IP address when enabling DHCP function. ii. Add the limitation that capacity of RAID should be less than 16TB. iii. Fix the issue that OSD may disappear when DVR is under the traditional Chinese system. iv. Fix the issue that pause function wouldn’t take effect immediately while multi-channels play back by multi-speed. v. Fix the issue that live view of main output will be frozen if aux output start auto-switch when HGHI-SH units connect the camera of 1080P/30fps. vi. Fix the issue that image may be displayed into two same parts in one channel. vii. Fix the issue that PTZ control may fail when choosing some PTZ protocols. viii. Fix the issue that 1005KI may fail to control PTZ doom. ix. Fix the issue that the display of Estimated time of recording /Recording time on HDD management is inaccurate. x. For 73&8108/16HQHI-SH, change the order of two-way audio: VGA-CVBS-HDMI, which used to be HDMI- VGA-CVBS.
xi. Newly support TLS to solve problem that sending email with TLS may fail.
xii. Fix the issue that status of PPPOE shows ‘failed’ on system maintenance->Net Detect->Traffic even PPPOE is normal. xiii. Fix the issue that the channel information is messy on ivms-4200 client after DVRs under traditional Chinese system is added to ivms-4200. xiv. Some other bugs.

I have DS-2CD2420F-IW and got same issued "Testing Failed" or "Failed to Connect Test Server". Any help would be appreciated
Thanks

Hello, thank you for all the useful information. i would need some help in getting the latest firmware for my NVR to solve the gmail SMTP issue (getting notifications from NVR) the NVR i have is DS-7616NI-E2 / 16P, and the current firmware is V3.4.6 build 160405. Using this existing firmware is not solving the email problem issue with GMAIL. I appreciate the support

Delighted to find this post. I have had my cameras and nvr for a year but never had an email from them. Having upgraded and used the settings for Gmail in the first post I now have email alerts working so thanks for posting.

Has anybody seen a firmware update for DS-2DE5184-AE?

I am currently on V5.3.9 build 151223, it doesn't have any TLS options and gmail SMTP is not working for me....

thanks

I've just had a look through the usual places and couldn't find a later version for that camera I'm afraid.
You may want to drop an email to Hikvision's technical support team directly - they can potentially give you a custom firmware or beta firmware which includes the feature

I recently had a DS-7108HQHI-F1 installed, and I am trying to set up the email notices, and it keeps failing. It has firmware version V3.4.81 build 170104. Is there a way to get this to work on these yet? I see the options for NVR and standalone camera's but nothing for the DVR's yet.

Got mine working as follows:

in iVMS-4200, Device Management, Remote Configuration, Event, Email
User Name: email address WITHOUT @gmail.com
Password: use App Password
SMTP Server: smtp.gmail.com
Port: 587
E-mail Encryption: SSL

Test and it worked fine for me.
NVR firmware: v3.4.62 build 160713

Note that these settings still don't work in the System Configuration, Email page. Nothing seems to work there.

Hi! :)
Thank you very much guys for your ideas on getting my DVR working with Gmail again (or any other Email program!).
I have had the same problem with my DVR 7208HUHI-F1 and now, after almost 2 years, it worked!!! Yeay! :D
I thought there might be a problem with SSL/TLS/STARTTLS but no, its not!
For all people out there who still cant find their problem, i want to tell you my faults:

- I forwarded all the ports for E-Mail (587, 465, 25) in my router configuration but thats simple not necessary as there is no incoming information towards the device. So dont do any port forwarding here!
- Of course you need to be absolutely sure about the right spelling of your address and your passwords!
- Some Email providers needs this addition @name.com ("@web.de" for example) but yeah... Gmail doesnt!
- For me port 587 and SSL Encryption worked, port 465 doesnt work for some reason...
- If the SMTP address (smtp.gmail.com for example) doesnt work (but the ip address of the SMTP server does, like wbkminion showed in his last post), then you have to check in IVMS4200 "Remote Configuration -> Network -> Advanced Settings" and fill in 8.8.8.8 into the DNS IP Address (doesnt matter DNS1 or DNS2) for Google DNS Server. Otherwise these smtp addresses can not be resolved and you will get this error message in IVMS4200 "Email test failed. Please check the settings and network status."

So much things to check, just for recieving some Emails! :D
I know this thread is solved but maybe there are some more people like me who just cant find this ONE wrong setting (maybe for years now) and get this thing back to work now!

Cheers! :)

As of nov 2019 I noticed that google set a security measure for gmail accounts that make the "Less secure app access" set to off, so cameras or DVR, NVR not to be able to send emails. So, go to the gmail account->security->Less secure app access-> set it to ON. Also port 25 no longer works for me. Worked with port 465. Don't forget, where it says user name, put just the user name, without @GMAIL.COM
Hope this helps some people.

Tags: Failed to sent do server
receiving data from device timed out
the data sent to or received from the device is incorrect
SDK error 10
SDK error 23

Yes gw, mask, dns all correct.
I had it working with the ip address manually entered and App password - smtp.gmail.com did not work with App password.
It was working for a day then stopped again last night.
Others on the ipcamtalk site also report it stopped working again last night.
I emailed Hikvision about the issue and they only offered the static ip/app password saying they will not be updating the firmware as the DVR is too old. Mine is 2 years old and plenty of sites are still selling this same model today.
I jumped to Hikvision from AVTech DVRs as I hoped the support would be better but to be honest the products might well perform better but the support is just as bad. Their attitude to only support whatever is in current production is diabolical. Imagine if Dell only released updates this way and each year a new model server, pc or printer comes out they drop support for last years model ?
"I had it working with the ip address manually entered and App password - smtp.gmail.com did not work with App password." --- same here and now mine is OK, Thanks...

Attachments

• IP talk.jpg
    IP talk.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 392
Back