01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

MacOS [SOLVED] Live View and Playback Failed with Safari Browser

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kieran

Knows a LOT of stuff
Trusted Member
Hi all,

Just a quick update to let you know that currently there seems to be an issue with some versions of OSX and Safari that are causing the Live View and Playback of a Hikvision NVR to fail when connecting to it via Safari. When attempting to initiate either, an error message will appear in the bottom right stating that Live View failed or Playback failed depending on what you're trying to access.

This is likely to be as a result of a Safari or OSX update causing compatibility issues with the current Web Components plugin version.

All reports I've seen so far have been from users running the below versions:
  • Safari - v9.1.2 build 11601.7.7 and later
  • OSX - El Capitan v10.11.6 and later
  • Hikvision Web Components Plugin - v3.0.5.43 and later

Hikvision's R&D team are aware of the issue and the issue will be fully fixed in November.

In the meantime, there is a workaround to resume successful viewing of your cameras via Safari.
Please change the transmission protocol in use by your NVR from TCP to UDP.
When connecting to your NVR via a web browser, navigate to Configuration >> Local to find this setting. UDP will offer you better real-time performance, but it will be less stable than TCP in unreliable networks.

SpGlXVy.png

Somewhat. There's a beta release of the Web Components browser plugin for Mac OSX that resolves this issue, but for whatever reason Hikvision haven't publicly released it just yet. Not sure what the holdup is considering the scheduled release was in November, and it resolves the issue completely.

I had the same problem with IE browser , i have selected UDP on 2 camera after a black screen on Main Stream mode 3mp , with the second Stream there is no problems ...
My NVR (synology ) was unable to see the mainstream during this problem (not only on IE)

Very strange

BICK

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back