01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

[SOLVED] Unable To View .264 Video Files From ASZA-CAM-Q10C-WIFI-5.0MP IP Camera

steamship

My nephew bought an IP camera a few months back from either eBay or Amazon. He couldn't get it to work, but since he only has a wi-fi router and uses a mobile for Internet access, that's not surprising. Anyway, he dropped it off with me to see if I could have a look at it.

First issue with it is that there was no box, no instructions, no CD, nothing. I plugged it into my router using a Cat-6 cable initially to get access to it via a web browser. From that I was able to configure it for wi-fi access. The user interface offers no explanation of anything, so it took a while to sort out how to record videos through motion detection and take photos, which is pretty much all he wants it for i.e. some security around his rural house and outbuildings.

My main issue has been that I'm unable to view any of the .264 video files that have been produced. I've Googled this problem for days and looked at various solutions, but none work. I'm running Windows 10 and have tried Windows Media Player, Windows Media Player Classic (MPC-HC) and VLC media player, and all I get is a grey screen with a few coloured pixels dotted around using VLC and a kaleidoscope of colours with MPC-HC . I've even tried using a couple of the online .264 conversion sites, but they prove fruitless as well. The only success I have had is that I downloaded the trial version of Blue Iris, set up the camera and used the software to take a photo and a short video. I can watch the video within Blue Iris and can export it to MP4 format to view it, which only proves that the camera is working. It doesn't explain why I can't view the video files that are being saved to the micro SD card within the camera. The SD card by the way, is a Samsung EVO Plus that is capable of recording 4K video.

So far as the technical specs of the camera are concerned, the model name of the camera is ASZA-CAM-Q10C-WIFI-5.0MP with a manufacture date of 2021-01. The web interface doesn't reveal anything but the Blue Iris software identified it as 'Foscam FI86xx/98xx compatible'. The only changes made within the user interface was to allow for motion detection with subsequent photo and video recorded to SD card. I can't even use the web browser to view a live feed as it uses Flash, and that's been abandoned. The initial 'Video Coding' was set to 'H264 baseline', but I also tried it with 'H264 mainprofile', with the video having a resolution of 2560x1920.

I've attached a ZIP file containing two such recordings. A210819_192546_192600 was recorded using the H264 baseline and A210819_192859_192913 was recorded using the H264 mainprofile. Is anyone able to view these videos and see anything other than what's been described above, or suggest any other setting changes? I can post up screenshots of the user interface if necessary.

Attachments

• IP Camera.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 304
Just an update on this query, should anyone else have the same issue. I was scouring through all the settings again and noticed that the video settings also has a 'H264 highprofile', and decided to try that as well. After all, what's the worst that can happen! Turns out that I can view those recordings perfectly in both MPC-HC and VLC player. I also downloaded ONVIF device manager and was able to find out the correct URL for accessing the live feed, so that's a bonus.

The only thing I need to resolve now is how to use the likes of VLC player to access the images and videos stored on the micro SD card. Using the URL from the link in the camera browser software is fine with the likes of Chrome or any other web browser, but can't get it to work through VLC, so I'll have to scour through their forum to see if I can sort it out.

Back