01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Some "basic" questions about accessing IP camera direct or via NVR

JohnFol

Morning all, I have an NVR (108MH-C/8P) and am setting up a PoE dome camera (IPC-D140H-M).

The image is inverted and I've read all I can about the camera setting to flip the image. I have the web based UI of the NVR, I have the Android App, and if I hook up a screen and mouse to the NVR I know there is another UI there. No-where can I find the setting, but believe I should be able to access the camera directly.

My NVR has an IP on my home network (192.168.1.100), but the connected camera is assigned a different subnet(?) 192.168.254.2 Using Chrome / IE just routes the IP external and not to my camera as it's not in the sbnet mask 255.255.255.0

So I guess I have 2 questions

1) Can I only flip the image via accessing the camera directly?
2) If so, how do I reference it in a browser as being on my internal network?

Any help really appreciated!

We only deal with Hikvision and have very little experience with their HiLook/HiWatch range, but when people have this problem with their Hikvision systems we often recommend they use the Virtual Host feature.

We do not know if the HiLook/HiWatch NVRs support this feature and if they don't then I think the only way to access the settings of directly connected cameras would be to try adding the NVR to iVMS-4200 (I am not sure whether your models will work with iVMS-4200) or to disconnect the cameras from the NVR and add them to your local network using a PoE switch.

Back