01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Something odd with one camera .....with recording to NAS

virdi

Hi all,

So I have 10 Hik Cameras recording to NAS ....all but one work, record and playback fine.

So the most recent addition is a: DS-2CD2043G0-I

...Now I have set this one is exactly the same way ...but this one seems to be doing something odd.

I have set it to record 'continuous' and I have a 800Gb quota assigned for the user on the NAS.

The Camera detects the share and the 'format' completes fine.

...however I have noticed that it seems to overwriting or loosing recordings a lot sooner than it should.

I would expect it record at least 2 weeks before overwriting ...but this one seems to show 'no record file' for anything more than a day or two?

Anything help would be great!

Thanks

All the same model?
All the same CODEC?
All on the latest available firmware?

All the same model?
All the same CODEC?
All on the latest available firmware?

Hi,

They are all different models and different FW.

All are set to H.264 ....But only this new one is not behaving as I expect

Hi

aaah! - it shows: V5.5.82

So I guess ...the first thing I should it update it to the latest?

Thanks Phil,

I am apprehensive to update the FW as I bought the camera from eBay.

The seller did confirm it was a UK camera.

Anyway I can check this please?

The Serial No. does contain a 'WR'

Thanks

You would be best to ask the eBay seller for his advice.

Virdi, did you solve the problem?
I just came to exactly same issue after upgrading the firmware on G1 cameras.
1. Data is saved/overwritten into single folder only; all other folders are unused.
2. Also video files store only about 4-15minutes videos compared to about 1hr on older firmware.

Second issue may be down to the fact that I set max possible bitrate (Max rate = 16Mbps; Average rate = 8Mbps; Variable bitrate; H265+). Previously it still used less space on disk then average rate of 8Mbps I set but it looks like on newer firmware the cameras output really what you set! So I may simply need to reduce the bitrate.
But the first point is really a problem for me.

Sorry, I didn’t test it properly again. I got fed up and bought a 7732 NVR. Now the recording and playback work a lot better and smoother.

Back