01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Standalone Security Site 4G Solar Panel Kit

dturtill

Afternoon

Has anyone seen any info on these, I have seen the basic video and datasheet but cant figure out what it means by communication station, Ideally it would be good if I could add these to one of my existing NVR's

Hi @dturtill

I would expect it to be possible to add this device to an NVR, but it is so brand new that I can't give you any firm answer on that. Hikvision do market it as an all-in-one camera (power/network/storage) for use in remote locations where there is no power and network access so they may have intentionally limited it to only the mobile/VMS remote access mentioned in the Hik documents.

@David Product information can be found here - Standalone Security Site 4G Solar Panel Kit

@dturtill I've worked on remote solar powered Telecomms sites and should be able to help.

How remote is this site and will it be 24/7 operation?

@dturtill I've worked on remote solar powered Telecomms sites and should be able to help.

How remote is this site and will it be 24/7 operation?
@David its not super remote probably about 1 km from the working office, Its power that is the issue

I have setup systems before that run on leisure batteries and things just saw this and thought it was a good price

@David its not super remote probably about 1 km from the working office, Its power that is the issue

I have setup systems before that run on leisure batteries and things just saw this and thought it was a good price

It lasts 7 days on a fully charged battery, winter may be a challenge needing occaisional site visits to change / charge the battery. As you've built your own systems what about a separate camera with your own solar / wind / external dc charger?

Will the camera 4G signal be good enough for a 24/7 connection?

It lasts 7 days on a fully charged battery, winter may be a challenge needing occaisional site visits to change / charge the battery. As you've built your own systems what about a separate camera with your own solar / wind / external dc charger?

Will the camera 4G signal be good enough for a 24/7 connection?
I have used external chargers and things, the only issue with these is the constant need to change batteries and supplies, I have managed to get a setup where if it gets low power then timelapse still works but remote feed doesn't until the power increases so will give this system a try and see if its any better

I have used external chargers and things, the only issue with these is the constant need to change batteries and supplies, I have managed to get a setup where if it gets low power then timelapse still works but remote feed doesn't until the power increases so will give this system a try and see if its any better
After looking at the video and specifications I'd buy this. Use your smartphone to check the 4G signal level where the camera will be, a steady signal level of 3 bars should be ok.

pdf attached

Attachments

• HIK__Solar-4G-Camera_Infographic 20-1-21.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 167
Back