01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Starting and Stopping Camstreamer

DavidKH

We have installed the Axis P1377 camera and Tamron 8-50mm lens together with the Camstreamer App.

The App has the facility to allow the life stream to be started and stopped using a switch between I/P 1 and Gnd on the 6 way I/O connecter. We used a simple domestic light switch and made the connections using breadboard jumper wires. These can be found on Amazon “Elegoo 120pcs Multicolored Dupont Wire 40pin Male to Female, 40pin Male to Male, 40pin Female to Female Breadboard Jumper Wires Ribbon Cables Kit for Arduino” Care needs to be taken when pushing the male pins in to the 6 way I/O plug because once they are in, they don’t come out!
IMG_0417.JPG

The App can also use the two outputs to confirm that the Camera is connecting to the live stream platform (in our case YouTube and FaceBook) when it flashes and then permanently on when connected. We used Output 1 to show the status of the YouTube connection and Output 2 to show the FaceBook status. To do this we used a 5 volt relay module where the inputs are active low. Again sold by Amazon “ELEGOO Relay Module 4 Channel DC 5V with Optocoupler for Arduino UNO R3 MEGA 2560 Project 1280 DSP ARM PIC AVR STM32 Raspberry Pi” A 5 volt power supply was used.
IMG_0418.JPG

The relay outputs are connected to a 12 volt circuit feeding two red 22mm indicator lights (CAMDENBOSS CBPI22-12/RD 22mm LED Pilot Light Indicator, 12V from CPC Farnell)

This allows the Church live stream to be started and stopped without a laptop and no technical expertise. Just using a switch! Circuit diagram and other photos attached

Attachments

• Interface Circuit.xlsx
    21.9 KB · Views: 301
  • IMG_0415.JPG
    IMG_0415.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 264
  • IMG_0416.JPG
    IMG_0416.JPG
    3.2 MB · Views: 237
  • IMG_0419.JPG
    IMG_0419.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 238
Hello from CamStreamer.
You can easily start and stop live streams using I/O input of the camera - How the CamStreamer App lets you broadcast live with the push of a single button | Blog | CamStreamer

You can also use our CamStreamer API - API 3.x documentation | CamStreamer

And just for fun I even made a Google Assistant integration (power on/off) on the electricity socket

I will be more than happy to share more tips and info. Just let me know.
Don't forget that www.camstreamer.com offers 30-day trial licenses for testing our solution

From CamStreamer HQ in Prague
Pavel Kotyza, BDM

Reactions: Dan
Back