01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Strange FTP phenomena

RogerJP

Having seen post Firmware - Latest HikVision Firmware for G3 Series cameras (2xx6G2/2xx1G2/2xx6G0/2xx7G2) - V5.5.134 I am prompted to write of an anomaly with one of two ostensibly identical DS-2CD2383G0-I cameras. The anomaly has existed since day 1 (about 18 months of use, identified about a year ago, but not causing any operational problems so left to fester).

• Both cameras have identical (relevant to this problem) settings, viz: Same FTP server (a NAS on the same LAN as the cameras); same protocol, server port, directory structure differing in name of child directory only (one per cam)
  • Both are fed via the same PoE router to the same subnode as one another (and that of the FTP server)
  • Both cameras have a decent class SD card installed working on a FIFO principle
  • Both have always been kept up to date, and are now on Firmware V5.6.2 build 190701 with Encoding version V7.3 build 190626
  • Both cameras when "test" is clicked on the FTP config page come back with "Testing succeeded", and in each case a small file named "test" appears in the correct respective child directories with a pithy text phrase "this is a test for ftp from ****"
  • Both cameras have "Upload Picture" checked on the FTP settings tab.
  • Both cameras are configured for alarm events to:
    • Notify Surveillance Center
    • Upload to FTP/Memory Card/...
    • Trigger Recording A1
  • On selecting Playback in the browser for either camera, events have been duly recorded to the respective SD card and can be played back at from superslo to double recorded speed
However, that is where the similarities end!

For one, serial number DS-2CD2383G0-I20180528AAWRC25007269, Events are duly recorded in week-long subdirectories as a series of full res jpg files. These are of course higher quality than any stills obtained by pausing the video on SD card playback.

For the other, serial number DS-2CD2383G0-I20180528AAWRC25007247, the child directory is empty except for the test file..

Any suggestions as to how I can get the jpgs on camera .... 247? I am stumped because all gates are software open as far as I can tell, but if there was a hardware problem or user setting issue, I don't think the SD card would record, would it?

Edited to add an additional bullet and correct a typo or two.

Last edited:
Monthly bump... Is this a faulty camera (from new) or a config error on my part?

Back