01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Struggling with Set Up - Help Please

yiannistr007

Hi Everyone

Would appreciate some assistance please...got my new HIKVISION camera system with 2 camera units.

It's physically installed etc and I've managed to activate the unit, but that's as far as I've got. I seem to be coming across multiple problems including:

- I am trying to somehow add the cameras onto the system, but it's not picking them up. Whenever I scan a QR code, it just says it's not valid etc.

- I have no idea what network settings to use. The ones displayed in YouTube videos? Or my own?

Apologies, I'm not technical and really need some help around this!

At the moment, the unit is plugged into a monitor and I'm just using the mouse to select from the menu. I can see the cameras are working and I'm getting a feed.

However I am struggling with being able to get them onto the app on my phone, as it's saying it can't scan the QR code and when I type in the serial number apparently it's not valid??

I haven't tried to view the cams via a browser yet.....seems too difficult as I don't know enough about IP's etc.

Any assistance would be very gratefully received Thank you.

Hi @yiannistr007

Do you only have the 2 cameras? do you have an NVR?

If it is just the 2 cameras then you will need to enable P2P in the camera's settings, the screenshot below shows you where to find the P2P settings in the menu:

When you enable P2P you will be asked to create a verification code, we would recommend just using the password of the camera as it makes it easier to remember, you will then need to create an account at Hikvision online Hik-connect portal before then adding it to the app, this explained in this forum post - Hikvision App

Hi

Firstly thank you for helping me out with this. Having issues still. Mainly because I'm clueless....apologies.

- I have 2 cameras yes
- Upon looking at the box, the box says it's a DVR not an NVR (7200 series)

My settings screen and side-menu seems quite a bit different from yours.

- I've created an account at HIKVISION however when I try to add the DVR to the devices in device management, it's not working. See image 1 which shows my settings screen. And Image 2 which shows the error on the online portal.

Thank you in advance for helping me with this...

Attachments

• Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 349
  • Image 2.jpg
    Image 2.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 287
Hi Again

After reading the guide you posted, I noticed it said that if I do not have a NVR, and just a DVR, then I can just add the cameras into the online device management.

I've tried to add both, but each time I keep getting this error message. Please see attached file.

Thank you.

Attachments

• Image 3.jpg
    Image 3.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 259
I haven't tried to view the cams via a browser yet.....seems too difficult as I don't know enough about IP's etc.

We actually need to start here.
Please install Hikvision's SADP utility on a PC on your network, and share here what it finds/shows, Thanks.

Hi

Done that. Nothing seems clickable within it.

See attachment.

Thanks

Attachments

• Image 4.PNG
    Image 4.PNG
    49.5 KB · Views: 246
OK, as your DVR is not showing in the table list in SADP my first thought would be that your DVR is not connected to your home network.

Do you have a network cable connected to the LAN port on the rear of your DVR connecting it to your router?

No I don't, not yet.

As the modem is in a completely different room to the DVR unit.

For some reason I thought it would all be wireless.

Would it need to always be plugged in via a LAN cable or would this just be for the set up process?

Would it need to always be plugged in via a LAN cable or would this just be for the set up process?

Yes, if you want to access it from your PC, mobile phone, App, internet, etc. Then it will need to be permanently wired to your router.

Many people use Powerline devices to extend their network over their existing mains cabling to get over the 'in another room' problem:
Search results for: 'powerline' ¦ use-IP Ltd

Back