01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Substream settings not saved

Rick47

I am using iMVS-4200 latest version and have a problem when viewing the cameras in daytime.
If I use the standard 6 view (1 main and 5 mini images), the main image often will not appear, or if it does the image is frozen at a point in time. All cameras are being monitored using Mainstream and I assumed that this was the problem and attempted to change the camera views to substream. After making the change, it confirms that the configuration has been saved, but when I check back it is on Mainstream again. Tried this several times with all cameras - all with the same result.
1. Is it likely that my main image is frozen because of the mainstream option?
2. Why does the app not change/save my settings to Substream?
I'm sure that all camera views worked fine when I first got this app and it works fine under infrared (fewer colours).
Any help appreciated.
My PC = Win 10 64bit. Device = DS-7608NI-E2/8P/A. iMVS version = 2.5.1.7 - 6 cameras

RESOLVED:-
3/1/2017 - Got all views working now - Went to Tool > System Configuration > Image
Unchecked Auto-Change Stream Type. Exit Tool
Then changed to Sub stream by right clicking on Camera (Bottom left panel) and selecting sub stream.

Last edited:
Thanks for the update Rick, glad to hear you got it resolved - no doubt very helpful to many others who might have had the same issue.

Back