01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Sun in the lens

JulioFr1ch

Bonjour !
Je viens de changer mon appareil photo pour un problème de vis de fixation sur l'ancien, le nouveau a un objectif beaucoup plus gros et donc reçoit plus de soleil, cependant il ne les reçoit jamais directement dans l'objectif, ma question est, peut-il endommager le capteur/objectif ?
Il s'agit du modèle :

DS-2CD2T46G2-4I

"Good morning !
I just changed my camera for a fixing screw problem on the old one, the new one has a much bigger lens and therefore gets more sun, however it never gets them directly into the lens, my question is, can damage the sensor / lens?
This is the model:
DS-2CD2T46G2-4I"

Vivotek AI Network Video Recorders
Hi @JulioFr1ch

If the camera is not directly pointed at the sun then I don't think you would see any damage to the lens/sensor. We have sold thousands of cameras for outdoor use and I can't remember one faulty camera case where the fault would appear to relate to sun damage to the lens/sensor.

If you have any advice to avoid this, here is the image in the morning between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m. trick to avoid this or mitigate it?

It does not last long about 20 minutes.

On my previous model the cap was a little longer which mitigates this.

Thanks for you reply :)

Attachments

• 192.168.1.45_01_20210826094005438.jpg
    192.168.1.45_01_20210826094005438.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 172
Hi @JulioFr1ch

The only setting on the camera that I think would reduce this glare would be HLC (High Light Compensation) under the camera's Image settings, but this may also change the quality of the image outside the 20 minutes when you see this glare. If that setting doesn't work and the longer cap had worked previously I could only think attaching a custom cap extension would be the only long term solution.

Ok, thank you for your opinion! I'll try with HLC and see if I can fit a custom cap, luckily it doesn't last longer than 20 minutes so it only affects the image for a very short time.
Thanks again Dan!

Reactions: Dan
Back