01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Swapping Camera

funkytwig

Hi, I use Hikvisoin NVR and IP cameras. If I change the camera to one configured with the same IP will it record as though it was the same camera (or will it create a new camera in the playback section)? I could also call it the same camera name?

Hi @funkytwig

Are cameras directly connected the NVR PoE ports or are they connected remotely via a PoE switch/Injector elsewhere on your local network?

They are not connected directly to the NVR. The network has 5 PoE switches that the cameras are connected to.

ok, even if you configure with the same IP address you will likely have to check and reenable some (if not all) settings, if recording is not enabled when you do reenable it the recording will continue on the same channel in Playback. (e.g. if you were recording to channel D1 and the new camera is now connected to that channel you will see a gap in the recording and then the new recording will appear in the same channel)

The majority of the settings are saved to the camera so when you swap them over most settings will have to be adjusted or enabled.

Back