01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

switch in remote area and IP cameras

russlock

Hi,

i dont know if anyone is able to help but i already have a Hikvision NVR with four cameras wired direct which works fine and i have four spare so i set up a wireless bridge in my garage which works fine and added an ip camera for a birdbox in the garden. also works fine. this is where i cant figure it out. i bought a second ip camera to go on the garage but i need to plug both of them into a switch as there is only one LAN port on the kit i am using for the wireless bridge. if i plug just one of the cameras (any of them both) into the switch i can see it on IVMS-4200, but if i plug both of them in, i cant see any of them on IVMS-4200

any ideas please ??

Both cameras may be using the same IP address.
Use SADP to check.
And, if they are, you can also use SADP to set one of them to a new/unique IP address.

no, i manually set them at .50 & .51 prior to attaching and they are fixed addresses. Thanks though.

Do they show as such (those IP addresses) in the SADP table?

they didn't show when both cameras were plugged into the switch and then a single cable into the mini router set up as a bridge. however, just noticed there is a LAN port and a LAN/WAN port on the mini router so unplugged both cameras from the switch and plugged straight into the mini router and now both show up on SADP table. why would that be then? faulty switch do you think? it is brand new and it is a TP-Link LS1005G 5 port switch.

Did you have the switch connected to one of the LAN ports on the router that you were using as a bridge?
That is how I would expect it to be connected i.e. for the router being used as the remote end of a wireless bridge the WAN port would not be used.

Did you have the switch connected to one of the LAN ports on the router that you were using as a bridge?
That is how I would expect it to be connected i.e. for the router being used as the remote end of a wireless bridge the WAN port would not be used.
Yes, it was in the LAN side. Just not sure why it would not work. i am sure it will happen again and any fix here may help others.

Back