01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Technomate TM-4 NVR cannot view pictures with mobile data, home wifi is fine

jmaks

Hello, i am a bit of a newbie so would appreciate any guidance please. I have a technomate TM-4 NVR system (yes, i know, old maybe obsolete, not supported, should be replaced etc), all hard wired (cameras to NVR & NVR to home router) which works fine and i am able to view pictures over my home wifi. However, i get an error 'connecting failed' whenever i try to view live pictures using my mobile data/other wifi away from home. All the connections seem to be fine, the NVR is recognised by my home router etc. i tried to change some of the settings on the NVR (enable DDNS, DHCP, PPPOE, UPnP etc), but nothing seemed to resolve the problem. Any advice/guidance/links to look at? thank you

Short answer / busy Monday morning:
1. You have to find your home on the world wide web
2. You have to get through your router.
3. You have to login to your NVR

How far are you getting?

Thank you for your reply. 1st barrier, couldn’t connect to the router (virgin hub 3.0) on www using phone data. So disabled router firewall and that enabled access. Logged into router via phone all fine, still get ‘connecting failed’ message when trying to view cameras on phone. fixed an IP address on nvr & checked gateway on nvr was the same as router IP address, and turned off DHCP on nvr and setup port forwarding on router for this fixed IP address. Still same error. browsed through a virgin media forum and one suggestion is virgin router hub 3.0 does not support ddns so would need to change router to one that supports ddns, and then that may work....not really sure if that is my solution but I intend to contact virgin and see if they can help. Other suggestions appreciate, thanks

DDNS is a service to track changes to your world wide web IP address.
For a test at any given time, you can simply type into Google from a PC on your home network "What's my IP address?" - Google will return a result which you can click to see your current www IP address.
You should then be able to enter that IP address into the browser of your phone (whilst using a data connection) and if port forwarding is set correctly then you'll get through your router and arrive at your NVR's login page.

BTW - Virgin don't offer static IP addresses but typically with them your IP address will remain the same for a very long time.

Starting again. Kudos to all those that have to deal with this stuff every day, I am pulling my hair out. So, setup static IP address on nvr and that is recognised on router (Ping works). Have port forwarded on router all the ports I see on nvr, namely remote port, http port, rtmp & rtsp ports etc all using the fixed IP address allocated to nvr. Stopped firewall and MAC filtering on router. Have added the nvr IP address to the MAC reserve list. Have enabled port triggering on router with the ports from nvr. The WAN IP address (via google) 30.68...and the internal router IP address 192.168...are different and the router only allows me to add internal IP addresses to port forward, ie the 192.168 digits are fixed on the port forwarding screen. After all this I tried both internal and WAN IP addresses on my phone using data, and neither worked, just don‘t get a response as if it can’t get past the firewall despite the firewall being off. Sadly stuck.

Back