01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

The Best Damn NVR Ever

DNSCT

I first off want to say I don't work for go1984, though with the amount of money I have paid them in software licenses sometimes I ask myself. This is my first post in a forum pertaining to my business and I am hoping to be in the forums more often as I realize the knowledge that I have acquired is not as common as I once thought and I am not selfish enough not to share it.

I have installed more IP camera systems than anyone in connecticut. I have installed system of 48+ cameras on a POE switch linked to a server box of my design by SFP Gigabit optical just as I have put together small systems of 4 cameras, sometimes depending on the budget I have even used CCTV, reluctantly of course.

I have been through numerous NVR solutions, from the free ones that lock you into a manufacturer with limited features, to distributed software licenses costing upwards of 10,000 USD.

I have been around the proverbial IP camera block more in the last year than most companies have ventured in their existence.

I will not give away all the things I have found as some of it gives me a serious edge but as far as NVR goes, I figure the more people that know about these folks at logiware the more money they will make, the more money they make the better the program will get, the happier me and my customers will be.

I wont go into all the specs but it is the most refined, cleanest looking, well put together, well features, and best of all cheapest NVR software I have been able to find. You want to set up sixteen monitors on one machine, this software will let you do it. Want to use a web interface that has almost all the features of the download able software, this thing can do it. In the web interface you can draw a box on the PTZ picture and this thing will zoom and move the camera to bring the box into view, all without downloading anything, and you can use ANY BROWSER. Most of these programs require active X and IE to work, since IE doesn't work right period, heh, this is a problem for me.

You dont have per camera fees. Build the box as big as you can and as many cameras as you can stuff in it your set.

I have a dual core machine running 16 cameras at 20-25 FPS.
You don't need a beast to run it.

Try it they have a free demo. If you have an IP camera they support it almost guaranteed.
1 or 2 cameras you might have to tweak, like the Trendnet TV-IP201P didn't work well until I changed the URI. There support is great and if you have a camera the don't support ask them and they will help you add it.

Also the demo is SLOW. If you add a few cameras and get a slow FPS its because you need a license for the software to FLY.

Email me if you have any questions.

Go1984.com is the site, read up on it you will be thankful you found them, they are huge in the UK but I have been to entire trade shows in the US and know one has heard of them, lol oh well.

Oh and full Iphone/windows mobile compatibility.

Works right out the box too

Thanks for your insights Dan

I'd just like to add that despite the many powerful features, I have found Go1984 incredibly simple & quick to set up.

With practice you can install the software, connect a handful of cameras and be up and recording in just an hour - and IMO even a complete CCTV novice with reasonable computer skills should be able get to grips with the basics in just a few hours.

Obviously more extensive systems and configurations will take longer to set up, but don't be put off by thinking go1984 is complex solution - it's as easy or as sophisticated as you want it to be

Even if you have problems the telephone support from Logiware is great - quick fixes every time from very friendly people

Back