01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

The latest version of Hikvision's iVMS-4200 software for Windows v3.1.0.4 - 21st May 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Update 22nd July 2019 - Superseded by V3.1.1.6 - The latest version of Hikvision's iVMS-4200 software for Windows v3.1.1.6 - 22nd July 2019

Hikvision have released a new version of their iVMS-4200 VMS software for Windows - V3.1.04.

This new version can be downloaded from Hikvision's website here:
Client Software-Hikvision UK & Ireland
(Update 4th July 2019 - V3.1.07 now available at the link above, and the UK Portal)

At the time of writing it is not yet available for download from their UK nor European portal.

The Release Notes are attached.
The specification is attached.
Click this link to view the iVMS-4200 V3.1 User Manual.

• Software Name: Hikvision iVMS-4200 v3.1.0.4 (Windows)(English) (NEW!)
  • Software Size: 228MB
  • Software Description:
    Software Version: v3.1.0.4

iVMS-4200 is a free surveillance software targeted on small, medium and entry level markets. It is compatible with most of Hikvision devices. And it makes it easy to build a CCTV system, an alarm system, an access control and time attendance system. Moreover, it supports different kinds of intelligent functions, cooperating with Hikvision AI devices.

Operating System:

Microsoft Windows 7(SP1)/Windows 8.1/Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit)
    Microsoft Windows 2008/Windows Server 2012 (64-bit)

V3.1 Key Updates:
    1. New system architecture, support operating 24/7. Service can receives the data and events even the client is not in operation.
    2. New UI design , Friendly to users
    3. Performance optimization make Startup faster.
    4. Component-based design and user can choose the module they need to install and use.
    5. Rich applications , overall management of CCTV, access control, attendance,video intercom, alarm etc…

Attachments

• iVMS-4200_V3.1.0_Release_Notes.pdf
    326.9 KB · Views: 1,707
  • Spec of iVMS-4200_V3.1.pdf
    769.8 KB · Views: 1,278
Last edited:
For me anyway, i tried this on 2 different new Windows 10 PCs, and both could not get Live view to work. (Main View). or Remote Playback tabs. After adding Hikvision NVR to Device Management OK.
Both just sat there with spinners and would not show either live view or remote playback tabs.

Previous versions work OK, but only on Win7.

cheers
Gus

Also noticed that 3.1.0.5 is out already, it too had same problem with spinner and nothing else, on Main View or Remote Playback.

Also noticed that 3.1.0.5 is out already
Noted, thanks.
I won't create a new thread as it is at the same linked page, and no clear statement on what the changes are.
Also, it was released just one day after.
And, so far, very limited feedback on how people are getting on with this.

More feedback in this thread from anybody who has tried it would be very welcome.

Ive installed the latest version V3.1.0.5 on Win 10 64bit and cannot see my cameras. The old V2.8.2.2 worked well but the interface was clunky. I will see if they release another version tomorrow LOL.

Today i installed IVMS v3.1.0.5 on another Windows 10 64bit, this time a new empty Windows 10 build, brand new. And same cannot see anything other than a spinner on Main View or Remote Playback pages.

Did you uninstall the old version and reboot before doing the fresh install of V3.1.0.5? I didn't as I was concerned I would have to reinstall the old version if it didn't work as it took me moths to get it working as intended. May be this is the issue for me?

i have tested the v3.1.0.5 on 4 PCs, 3 of them had NO version of IVMS installed at all. brand new windows setups. all 3 failed.

The 4th did have v2 on which was uninstalled and rebooted between installed 3.1.0.5. it too failed

What concerns me is that there are 3 Hikvision portals to choose from when downloading. This is confusing as none have the same versions. hikvision.co.uk and 2 on hikvision europe.com. Then they withdraw a version and replace it with a lower number to confuse us further. The whole revision control for downloads is poor. If we were all using the same versions then they would get more effective feedback on new releases. My experience of the software release control is it is poor and this is a shame as certain versions of the software work well given the complexity and flexible nature.

I didn't run into any such problems.
Just installed the new version (was .4) on my desktop PC (which already had an older version installed).

Thanks Phil. really strange this one. I have tried 4 PCs all new fresh build W10, fully patched. I can see the installer runs the prereqs like visual c etc. and others. so dependencies seem installed ok. Spec wise the PCs should be ok since they have run IVMS v2 in the past.

My PC is nothing special:

For what it's worth, only difference i see is my units are all laptops so have onboard GPU. but happily run previous gen IVMS 4200

This is the issue, spinner on both Main View and Remote Playback tabs. Happens anytime. i.e. before or after adding NVR to devices.

Attachments

• ivms.png
    ivms.png
    26.6 KB · Views: 1,914
My issue is different. I have 6 cams using H265+ with Win10 64bit Pc 8Mb Ram quad core. On the main view and remote playback I only get a grey image or 6 grey images depending on the view selected. I can see the motion activity bar bit no camera view. Bit I don't have the spinner issue.

Attachments

• Main View V3.1.0.5.jpg
    Main View V3.1.0.5.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 1,192
  • Remote playback V3.1.0.5.jpg
    Remote playback V3.1.0.5.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 2,501
What is the dog icon that appears in the bottom tray when 4200 is running? Hovering over it says "watchdog" but I can't find anything on it. The user manual makes no mention of it, and a search for "windows 10" and "watchdog" comes up empty. The icon goes away when 4200 is closed.

I have asked for more info on the watchdog feature

It simply confirms the service is running

Thanks for the confirmation Phil. I've since seen some older online articles about a very questionable program called Watchdog that some considered spyware, but didn't know if there was any correlation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back