01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Hik-Connect Tip for push notifications with Hik Connect App

fullboogie

Expert
Trusted Member
I hope this isn't a repost, and I also hope this helps others. I've struggled to get push notifications to work with the Hik Connect App, so much so that I kept giving up and going back to IVMS 4500 just for the live view. I finally figured out the bug tonight so I'm passing this on:

It's obvious on initial setup that you have to enable "message push notifications" in the settings menu. I did that many times, but unfortunately it did not result in any push notifications:

ZXHohzu.jpg

There is, however, yet another push notification toggle that needs to be activated in order for it to work. Press the "Hik Connect" button on the bottom left of the main screen to get to this page, then hit the three dots that are circled:

2xLa8Tx.jpg

That will take you to this page, in which "alarm notification" is set to "off" on default! Without that toggled on, push notifications will not work. I finally found it and everything is working beautifully! Apologies if this is common knowledge, but I sure didn't notice this after lots of searching.

Last edited:
Funnily enough I have the same NVR as you and just done the same thing.
I set up motion detection on 3 of the cameras and today its going off all the time lol.
Its set so that casual traffic/people don't go into a box, but it seems the change in light from full sun to cloudy on the floor is also being picked up as motion.
I may have to now disable it until I figure out if you can lower the sensitivity.

Use line crossing and intrusion detection, not motion. You'll never get rid of false alarms with the motion detection.

Just ran across this thread and have question. When I click the three dots on the main screen, I don’t get the same Settings page with those options. I instead get a Device Information page where I can also select Start Live View, click the three dots on it and bring up Remote Configuration. Maybe this is just a more recent update to the app?

Perhaps I don’t have my NVR added correctly or there’s a setting somewhere?

Attachments

• 40F87FEB-E7DE-464C-8043-4CD456980F90.jpeg
    40F87FEB-E7DE-464C-8043-4CD456980F90.jpeg
    294.5 KB · Views: 3,286
  • DE121BF3-8F9F-4883-9890-8E113A205858.png
    DE121BF3-8F9F-4883-9890-8E113A205858.png
    232.8 KB · Views: 2,537
Just ran across this thread and have question. When I click the three dots on the main screen, I don’t get the same Settings page with those options. I instead get a Device Information page where I can also select Start Live View, click the three dots on it and bring up Remote Configuration. Maybe this is just a more recent update to the app?

Perhaps I don’t have my NVR added correctly or there’s a setting somewhere?

I was just going to reply to this thread just to say thanks as I was wondering if there was maybe something more serious like a port forwarding issue, of which I’ve had many the last few days! Nice to find a simple solution. However, I think I can now help you Jebt2921.

Instead of looking for the ‘3 dots’ when you press the HIK Connect button at the bottom left, swipe to the left on the device/NVR name and you will find a settings tab which is where the second authorisation will be.

Rob

I think the issue was I had added the individual cameras alone and one by one versus adding the NVR to hik-connect. Once I added the NVR itself, I get these options and enabled Guarding Vision to get the notifications.

Can somebody explain me how this will work without having a NVR in between? Because this "swiping to the left" is giving no result in
version 4.3.1.

Obviously I'm forced to abandon IVMS-4500 and move to Hik-Connect, but I was never convinced by the user friendliness. This is yet another motivation... :-(

I don't have NVR at all and I see similar settings menu as fullboogie posted (not identical as I also have a few other: time config, microphone settings, storage stats, etc). It's on G1 cameras with 4.3.1 Hik-Connect (but this option was there for many previous versions too).
Do you have the latest firmware? What cameras do you have?

Back