01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Trigger alarm or email for no recording

Yibi89

Just to check is there any way to trigger an email or alarm when my camera is not recording in ivms. As I set all my nvr to record continuously.

I have the size of about 388 camera across 22nvr
It's hard for me to keep track of all camera

If there is a way appreciated your guy help

Thanks

If your NVR supports the feature, you could enable Video Loss Detection and have an alert sent to your email. It works for both interruptions in power and stream loss. I've never tried to integrate this alert into iVMS-4200 but it should possible.
1553093878033.png

1553094337656.png

1553094162253.png

He would if he used the NVR's to do it. A network monitoring application like Solarwinds or Lansweeper could add blocks of IP ranges or at least just tick boxes of the cameras you want to monitor. A dedicated software solution like Phil's suggestion makes the most sense.
I've just started with Hikvision's SDK and this has given me an idea for my first app to code.

Sorry for my delay, I was struggling to get the latest info.
Here you can find the latest user manual for iVMS-4200 for Windows (for V2.8.2.2)

It's a huge manual.
If you Ctrl+F search for the term 'video loss' you will find that it is possible to configure actions in iVMS-4200.
I haven't followed the steps, I don't know whether setup will allow you to do so for many cameras at once.

NB
If you follow Hikvision you'll be aware that firmware releases, portals, etc have been a bit topsy-turvy lately, hence we've fallen behind a little in this forum. I hope today to make at least a couple of new posts with all the latest info I have for iVMS-4200.

In particular, as I still don't see a better 'no-plugin' solution coming from Hikvision any time soon, I think that more and more users will come to depend upon iVMS-4200 as their browser options become reduced. Mac-users especially are really struggling with browser compatibility between Macs and Hikvision.

Last edited:
If your NVR supports the feature, you could enable Video Loss Detection and have an alert sent to your email. It works for both interruptions in power and stream loss. I've never tried to integrate this alert into iVMS-4200 but it should possible.
View attachment 1842

View attachment 1844

View attachment 1843
Hi StewartM
Thanks for the hit up this option ilike what u mention it will send a pop up and log when video is Dc or camera down..
does not notify if the camera stopped recording.

Sorry for my delay, I was struggling to get the latest info.
Here you can find the latest user manual for iVMS-4200 for Windows (for V2.8.2.2)

It's a huge manual.
If you Ctrl+F search for the term 'video loss' you will find that it is possible to configure actions in iVMS-4200.
I haven't followed the steps, I don't know whether setup will allow you to do so for many cameras at once.

NB
If you follow Hikvision you'll be aware that firmware releases, portals, etc have been a bit topsy-turvy lately, hence we've fallen behind a little in this forum. I hope today to make at least a couple of new posts with all the latest info I have for iVMS-4200.

In particular, as I still don't see a better 'no-plugin' solution coming from Hikvision any time soon, I think that more and more users will come to depend upon iVMS-4200 as their browser options become reduced. Mac-users especially are really struggling with browser compatibility between Macs and Hikvision.

Totally agree with you statement..

Back