01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Trying to setup motion alerts but getting bombarded with non events

daneboomerang

I've used the red squares to tell the NVR what the areas of interest are for my cameras but that doesn't seem to be working. Either in terms of stopping the NVR recording footage triggered by areas I DON'T want to watch OR for stopping alerts from the iPhone app for movement that's come from areas I don't want to watch.

When I look at the NVR when I'm setting up the red grids they go red to show where there's motion happening.

How can I

a) stop the NVR alerting me to motion happening where I don't have red boxes
b) stop the NVR recording when there's motion in areas not covered by red boxes?

Thanks!!

P.S. For bonus points I now get a little orange exclamation point in the bottom right of the monitor screen. When I click on it I get an alarm/exception information screen telling me about motion from (for example) channel D3. I have two buttons then, 'SET' and 'EXIT'. Set takes me to event hint settings. How do I get rid of this not very useful alert please?

Forgot to say: the dwell time (despite being set at 10s) actually reverts back to the main view after about 5s. Any way to change that? Not a big deal...

I don't see any solution to your problem then. Every person who attempts to use motion hates it and starts threads like this one.

Fair enough - but any thoughts about the dwell time, red grid motion problem and orange exclamation point part of my question? No worries if not, I appreciate you're not here to answer my questions - just if you know you know! :)

ok, unfortunately, there is no way to remove the error exclamation point on the v3 GUI other than by resolving the error that is triggering the alert. In regards to the motion detection, it is unlikely with an NVR of this age that there will be much you can do to improve the motion detection accuracy and we often say to users that motion is a bit of a blunt tool anyway and if you want more accurate events you should use a smart event instead like line crossing or intrusion detection.

Back