01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

How-to: How to update the firmware on a Hikvision camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bob

In this tutorial, I will guide you through the process of updating the firmware of a Hikvision IP camera. Firmware should always be updated to the most recent version, as it will often contain bug fixes and other necessary changes. We have a thread which will always list the most recent Hikvision firmware available for download here.

At the time of writing this guide, the latest firmware is 5.1.2build 140116. Click here to download this firmware, and save the file to your desktop.

The first thing you should do is open up your Hikvision camera in your browser. If you do not know how to do this, check here.

Once you have opened the camera up in the browser, log in to the device. The default credentials are as followed:-

Username: admin
Password: 12345

SkcWvwk.png

• Upon logging in to the device, you will be viewing the "Live view" tab. In order to update the firmware, we have to navigate to the "configuration" tab. To do this, simply click the "Configuration" button in the navigation bar.
IOzxSD5.png

• Now that you are in the configuration tab, there should be a sidebar with several options on the left hand side. Click the "Basic configuration" tab.
w44ePZo.png

• On the "Basic Configuration" Drop down menu, make sure you are on the "System" option, and look to the tabs in the main window. We want to update the firmware, so click the "Maintenance" tab.
dYd4c8Y.png

• Now that you are on the Maintenance page, you should see a few different options. The one we want is the "Remote upgrade" button.
x6cZLNB.png

• Click the browse button, and navigate to your desktop (or wherever you downloaded the firmware file too). Select the "digicap.dav" file and click open.
KFuEZWP.png

• Once the firmware file has been selected, click the Upgrade button. This will begin the update process, and you will be prompted with a message saying that it may take up to 10 minutes for this to complete.
i6hoJoP.png

• After the update is completed, a message will pop up asking you to reboot the device. Usually the device will already reboot after updating, but you should reboot manually just to be sure everything is working as it should.
zxtlcDw.png

• After you have rebooted the device, the update process should be completed. To check if the update has worked quickly, just open up SADP, under "software version" the newest firmware should now be listed.
xpgOapV.png

NOTE: After updating the firmware of your device, it is recommended that you clear your browser cache. This is due to how often Hikvision's browser GUI changes, and should resolve any "missing feature" issues where certain menu options (which had moved around) aren't present after updating.

I tried to upgrade the firmware for my DS-2CD2032-1 camera. It already has version 5.10, but I am hoping that reflashing the camera might resolve some of my problems. I downloaded the Digicap.dav file version 5.1.2 from your website. However after I start the upgrade, I get an error message "language version mismatch". Any ideas?

I tried to upgrade the firmware for my DS-2CD2032-1 camera. It already has version 5.10, but I am hoping that reflashing the camera might resolve some of my problems. I downloaded the Digicap.dav file version 5.1.2 from your website. However after I start the upgrade, I get an error message "language version mismatch". Any ideas?

Hi Brent, There has actually been a new firmware released fairly recently and I've not quite got round to updating all the forum posts yet. You can download Firmware 5.2.0 here. Hopefully this will work.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello. I was o 5.2.0 on my DS-2CD2432F-IW. Updated the firmware today to the new 5.3.0 and received the "language version mismatch" message. Is the camera bricked? Although the camera was in english, it was sent from China, so probably I used the wrong firmeware. But is there a solution or is it bricked? Thanks in advance.

Hello. I was o 5.2.0 on my DS-2CD2432F-IW. Updated the firmware today to the new 5.3.0 and received the "language version mismatch" message. Is the camera bricked? Although the camera was in english, it was sent from China, so probably I used the wrong firmeware. But is there a solution or is it bricked? Thanks in advance.

Hi Leo, this is what happens to grey imports unfortunately. Hikvision have introduced regional restrictions in an attempt to crush the 'unofficial' market. I doubt the camera is bricked, but I also do not know how to solve this one, as we do tend to only work with UK cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back