01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Two cameras suddenly disappeared off NVR

daneboomerang

I've got a DS-7608NI-SE/P and 6 DS-2CD2032-I. Purchased back in 2014. All working mostly fine for years.

Last night I'm sure I went home with the NVR asking the question (dialog box open on the screen overlaid) "there are clips to be saved, do you want to save them" - it's at this point that you'd insert a USB stick and save them. Only I couldn't find a USB stick so didn't. And went home leaving the NVR hanging.

Anyway came in following morning and two cameras (which are connected indirectly to the NVR via a POE switch) are not online. HOWEVER another camera connected to that same switch is. I've tried power cycling and normal rebooting the NVR, I've tried unplugging and replugging the cameras themselves, power cycling the switch, rebooting the router...nothing seems to work. The cameras are not accessible at their normal IPs but they do briefly show red LEDs when reconnected to POE power.

Any ideas?!?!

Thanks!

Thank you, that was the reminder I needed - used SADP when initially setting them up in 2014 and forgot about it. Yes I could see them on SADP - they had BOTH assigned themselves the IP 192.0.0.64 whereas they were previously on 192.168.2.X like the rest of my network...

Anyway sorted now, just wonder why it happened! Thanks

Attachments

• V ODD.png
    V ODD.png
    17.4 KB · Views: 150
ah. Worked out what it was. Well, I think I have. It's happened again. I am presuming I am a victim of this. After the previous resets I tried to upgrade the firmware on both the NVR and the cameras but despite being pretty sure I'd got the right firmware, the firmware updates failed. So I'm at a bit of a loss as to how to upgrade them.

Back