01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

unable to access hik-connect server DS-7216HUHI-K2/P DVR

cjdavi34

Please can someone help? I've spent the day trying to get my ds-7216HUHI-K2/P dvr to connect to the hik-connect servers but with absolutely no luck. I'm able to see the dvr and the live view via my laptop when I type in the IP address of the DVR to web-browser. I've spoken with hikvision technical support and they suggested a firmware upgrade which I did and this didn't help either. I can't get my ipad to link to the dvr via the app, it says that the device is offline.

I've looked at the platform access and that's enabled but it says not connected to the hik-connect server.

If anyone can help I'd be eternally grateful as I'm at a complete loss.

What's your DNS? Use Google's 8.8.8.8. Try it with DHCP on, maybe you have problems with IP address.
Change port on your router( where DVR is connected).

dev.eu.hik-connect.com
litedev.eu.hik-connect.com

This is two of their servers, try with them.

Hi @cjdavi34

Are all of your network settings correct? Incorrect DNS settings are the most common cause of Hik-Connect issues, so check those and try DHCP as @KamirZG suggests.

Also, check that the gateway is set as your router's IP address.

If you're still having issues, remove the DVR from your Hik-Connect account and start again following the steps in this guide exactly - How-to: How to use Hik-Connect

Back