01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Unable to assign a new LAN IP address to a 2385 camera after previously connecting it directly to my NVR

mercuryin

Hello,

I´m desperate and I would need your help.

I have 3 hikvision cameras with hikvision NVR. 2 are colorvu and the other one is a DS-2CD2385G1-l. The NVR is the 4k with 4 poe ports.

Everything was working fine but I have just buy a new super powerful pc with a 3950x and I wanted to try BI, instead of the Hikvision NVR.

I have disconnected the NVR and connected each camera to a switch poe and the poe to the lan.

With the SADP tool, I have changed the internal ip subnet that Hikvision provide to each poe port for one ip within my router 192.168.0.1.

Ok, so the problem is that just two of them are successfully connected to the network with their own correct ip, but the 4k camera one is missing.

Can´t see that camera with SADP tool, the only way I can see the camera is if I do connect that camera to one of the poe ports in the Hikvision NVR and my computer directly to one of the others 3 poe ports. That way, SADP tool show me the NVR and the 4k camera IP. Ok.

So I try to change the camera ip to one of my subnet, SADP tool says it is ok. Disconnect the camera from the POE port, connect my computer to my local lan and the 4k camera to the local lan also and again SADP tool can´t find it. It doesn´t matter if I use DHCP or fixed ip or whatsoever.

I have tried resetting the camera to default settings and doesnt work.

Any help please ?

Thanks !

If you can see it using SADP while it's connected to the NVR - plug it back in there and note the IP address that it has been assigned - 192.168.254.xxx. Once you have the address, reconnect it and your PC to the POE switch, alter your PC IP address temporarily to suit (eg 192.168.254.200), then login to the camera web GUI at 192.168.254.xxx with username admin and the NVR password. Alter the IP settings of the camera to suit your LAN, apply, then change your PC IP address back to original.

Thanks but I have already tried that. When I change the camera ip to one of my network, or if use dhcp, doesn´t matter when I disconnect the camera from the nvr poe and connect it to the poe switch on my network, is like the IP I had previously set ip up is not working. I have tried using DHCP and looking with network scanners, with the own SADP and the camera is not on the network.

The only way to connect it is just using the Hikvision NVR. That way I can connect to the NVR local website or to the camera using the :5001 for example.

Any idea ?

Thanks but I have already tried that. When I change the camera ip to one of my network, or if use dhcp, doesn´t matter when I disconnect the camera from the nvr poe and connect it to the poe switch on my network, is like the IP I had previously set ip up is not working. I have tried using DHCP and looking with network scanners, with the own SADP and the camera is not on the network.

The only way to connect it is just using the Hikvision NVR. That way I can connect to the NVR local website or to the camera using the :5001 for example.

Any idea ?

From what you’ve said I think you’ve changed the IP via SADP, while it was connected to a POE port of the NVR which is not quite what I described. When you alter the IP, if the camera reboots while it is still plugged into the NVR, the NVRs default setting of plug and play will simply readdress the camera back to the 192.168.254.xxx range undoing the change you’ve made. It’s annoying.

The easiest way to recover this camera now is to fully reset it to deactivated status:

1-Hold the reset button on the camera while disconnected
2- Plug in to Poe switch (not NVR) while keeping button held
3-Release button after about 15 seconds and wait a minute or two
4-Access the camera at 192.168.1.64 and enter your desired admin password to activate it (you’ll need to put your pc in the 192.168.1.xxx range)
5-Set the network settings to suit your LAN. It’ll reboot.
6-Change PC IP back to previous before accessing the camera at its new IP.
7-Put your feet up and have a cuppa or beer

Two days wasted on this. I can´t believe how expensive cameras are so difficult to manage.
I know you can reset the camera using the reset procedure in camera, but in the century 21 we are right now, why is not possible to do this without having to remove the camera from the wall ? I don´t have large ladders, I had to borrow one for the installation and is super annoying I have to borrow one again, just to press the button when it should be easy remove the camera from the NVR and assign a local ip without it.

Thanks

Well to be fair they are deemed a professional as opposed to consumer product. The easier they make it the less my services as an installer are needed which is super annoying for me!

It can be done without a ladder.... if you can still access it while it's connected to the NVR via its webpage.

1. connect it back to a poe port of the NVR
  2. login to the cameras webpage
  3. in system settings maintenance select the default to factory option INCLUDING IP & user settings and click save
  4. wait about 10 seconds for the process to start and then immediately unplug the camera from the NVR POE port - do not let it boot while still connected to the NVR. This will prevent the plug and play on the NVR reassigning the default IP address to a 192.168.254.xxx address
  5. plug it into your PoE switch and connect to it at 192.168.1.64 to activate and set it up
Also if its still accessible when connected to the NVR you could just connect it to your switch and connect to it at 192.168.254.? If you've only had 4 cameras on the NVR it's likely to be between 192.168.254.2 and 192.168.254.5 (may be as high as .10 depending on how many times you've moved it between different POE ports) It may be that if you made the mistake of setting it as DHCP it's failing to assign an address and self assigning an unroutable 169.254.xxx.xxx address.

Last edited:
Well to be fair they are deemed a professional as opposed to consumer product. The easier they make it the less my services as an installer are needed which is super annoying for me!

It can be done without a ladder.... if you can still access it while it's connected to the NVR via its webpage.

1. connect it back to a poe port of the NVR
  2. login to the cameras webpage
  3. in system settings maintenance select the default to factory option INCLUDING IP & user settings and click save
  4. wait about 10 seconds for the process to start and then immediately unplug the camera from the NVR POE port - do not let it boot while still connected to the NVR. This will prevent the plug and play on the NVR reassigning the default IP address to a 192.168.254.xxx address
  5. plug it into your PoE switch and connect to it at 192.168.1.64 to activate and set it up
Also if its still accessible when connected to the NVR you could just connect it to your switch and connect to it at 192.168.254.? If you've only had 4 cameras on the NVR it's likely to be between 192.168.254.2 and 192.168.254.5 (may be as high as .10 depending on how many times you've moved it between different POE ports) It may be that if you made the mistake of setting it as DHCP it's failing to assign an address and self assigning an unroutable 169.254.xxx.xxx address.

The only way I think is doing what you suggest about defaulting and disconnect. I had already tried that but I don't know how many seconds wait till the nvr assign it again a subnet ip.

Are you sure about 10 seconds ?
When I press reset, the system ask me to reboot, do I have to accept and count 10 seconds from there ?

Thanks

When it asks you to reboot, accept it. Then just wait 5-10 secs and pull the plug. There’s no precise time - you’re just giving it a couple of secs for the camera to receive the reboot command. When you reconnect it via the PoE switch give it a minute or two before trying to access it at its default IP

When it asks you to reboot, accept it. Then just wait 5-10 secs and pull the plug. There’s no precise time - you’re just giving it a couple of secs for the camera to receive the reboot command. When you reconnect it via the PoE switch give it a minute or two before trying to access it at its default IP

Well, I tried yesterday like 4 times and doesn´t work. The camera can´t get any ip on any subnet and is not detected via SADP.
I have tried your solution using different seconds before to pull out the cable and no luck. I have tried manually using the old 192.168.254.xxx assigned by the NVR prior to being disconnected and no luck.

Looks like there is no way of unlink this camera from the NVR poe port subnet lan in order to work like standalone camera without physically accessing to the reset button on camera.

This evening my neighbour will borrow me a ladder but it is really annoying to have to do this to have again lan access to this camera.

Thanks anyway for your help.

Take care

Back