01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Unable to configure 2632F after f/w upgrade

Heuer

Following advice from Use-IP I decided to upgrade three of my cameras from V5.2.X to V5.4.41 using iVMS. First two cameras (2132 & 2332) upgraded perfectly and the third upgrade seemed to go well. However I noticed that whilst the other two cameras retained their IP address and other settings the 2632F lost all settings and came back with a new IP address of 192.168.1.64, presumably via my DHCP server. I tried accessing this IP address from my browser but the connection was refused. I then went into SADP which located the camera and showed it as 'inactive'. Back in iVMS (latest version) I was able to activate the camera and headed off to the Configuration tab to correct the IP address and reset the date/time format etc.

However I found that none of my changes would be accepted and the error message HCNETSDK.DLL {29} appeared. I tried powering off/on the camera but on doing so it returned to factory settings. I had to re-activate the camera but the same thing happened when trying to configure it. I notice some changes (date/time) produced the error message but were accepted and lost on reboot. I then tried:

1. Factory reset via iVMS
2. Upgrade f/w to 5.4.5
3. Downgrade f/w to 5.4.0
4. Downgrade to 5.3.0 - prohibited
5. Factory reset using button inside camera
6. Used TFTP to force f/w update - did not respond to the server at 192.0.0.128
7. Used ONVIF device manager - returns "No connection because the target machine actively refused it 192.168.1.64:80"

The camera is still un-configurable although video displays perfectly. I could probably live with the settings however the one problem is that Milestone was looking for a different IP address for the camera so is not recording. I tried adding it as a new device and although Milestone finds the camera at its new IP address it cannot connect (comes back with 'invalid password or user name') presumably because it is actively refusing connections. So the camera is sending data but not prepared to accept data. Camera ID is DS-2CD2632F-I20131111CCWR440444972

Any thoughts on kicking it back to life or should I just give up and order a replacement?

Thanks

David

NB: Is the IP address .64 of significance as a) it is not the next available address in the DHCP list and b) it is the IP address that TFTP would have used for it i.e. 192.0.0.64

Last edited:
The .64 address would be the default ip address when not activated i presume.
Have you tried connecting direct to pc/laptop and activating with SADP ?

Thanks @Heuer for the thorough description.
That's an unusual saga kicked-off by a firmware update.
The .64 IP address is the factory default address.

Did you at any time do a pushbutton reset?
Is there any chance that the rest button has stuck down?
How to fix a Hikvision camera factory resetting whenever it reboots
(I know yours is a different model)

If not that, I think I'd try to take it back to basics:
POE power the camera from a network switch (fetch it down / use a short bought cable / check the RJ45 pins for corrosion).
Check/reset from SADP.
Access and try changing/saving settings via Internet Explorer.
Get it on the latest firmware.

FWIW - in typically unhelpful fashion the error code tool says:

1553871876509.png

pyrotenax - Tried connecting PC direct to camera and using SADP which actually did allow me to change the IP address and activate the camera. When I went into iVMS though it went back to .64 and changes will not accept.

Phil - push button is different to other cameras as it stands proud and is not snagging on anything. Works with a click. Camera is already on my desk and connected to a different network switch with a new cable and POE injector. RJ45 pins look correct and shiny.

Just tried a reboot and access with SADP and get 'device rejected' when trying to activate the camera. Clicking 'activate again gives 'Error 2021: others'. Despite this the camera does switch to active. I can then 'Modify Network Parameters' and change the IP address and get the message 'Parameters Modification Completed' but clicking refresh shows the .64 address is back.

Yes, tried push button reset several times. Actually I have now managed to change the IP address to my preferred one via iVMS but now I cannot open the Config screen as I am getting error message "HCNETSDK.DLL {7} Connecting to Device failed. The device is offline or the network timed out". Ping shows the new address is not actually working but .64 is. So iVMS shows the camera as .221 but it is .64 really. Changing it back to .64 allows me into the config screen but I still can't make changes.

Using IE returns ".64 refused to connect." so it seems this is an authentication error and something in the camera is blocking all access!

Last edited:
I don't suppose you have some other IP device using that .64 address on your network.
We ran into that when our router assigned the Hik default address to one of our office VOIP phones.

No - the IP address is unique besides which ESET security immediately picks up attempted duplicate IP's and the superb Ubiquiti Unifi Security Gateway provides both intrusion protection and full LAN metrics. The USG dashboard would have lit up and ESET would have nagged me every 10 seconds.

It is at times like these we need a Hikvision backdoor!

Looks like my account has been hacked by 'engynia peter' or at least someone has changed my username.

Hi @Heuer I spotted that, and assumed that you had changed your user name.
We updated all the forum software yesterday.
We've had a lot of problems.
I'll see if the developers can get those posts back under your user name.
Apologies.
Forum software update

Thanks for the suggestion but when I try it comes up with 'configuration failed' message. Also can't change the IP address from within the BCT.

It could be an authentication issue as you mentioned.
If you can load firmware 5.4.0 it 'should' be possible to force a new password within SADP (a Hikvision backdoor as you called it).
I won't post the exploit publicly on this forum but if you are willing to try as a last resort, private message me.

Thought I would follow up on this as it may benefit others.

My DS-2CD2632F (UK version) became semi-bricked when I updated from V5.2 to V5.4.5. Video would display but I could not make any changes to the configuration including the IP address. I gave up trying to fix it and bought a DS-2CD2T23G from Use-IP which is a great camera at an amazing price. Having got it installed I decided to go for bust on the bricked camera and give the Brickfix method a go. It does sound complicated as you have to use Hikvision tftpserve, Putty and tftpd32 in combination but it was worth the effort as I was able to get V5.4.5 correctly re-loaded and the camera is now fully functioning and up to date. Camera is now redeployed in another area.

I was able to get V5.4.5 correctly re-loaded and the camera is now fully functioning and up to date. Camera is now redeployed in another area.

Well Done!

Back