• Hi Guest, Please subscribe to our YouTube channel for fresh new videos each week.

Unable to connect with remote viewing

wiggy45

Thread starter #1
Have been viewing my camera on my mobile remotely but has recently stopped working. The error code I get is Video playing failed. Error Code (260008). Have checked the settings in my Hikvision NVR and the DDNS settings status is "connect to server failed". The password shows only 6 characters, the password I enter is 9 characters. If I re-enter the password the status changes to "status of DDNS is normal" until I come out of configuration and then go back in which shows the status as "connect to server failed". Can anyone help?
DDNS Hik connect.jpg

StewartM

Surprised that ever worked! I recommend you start the process over using only Hik-Connect's service. I'd gladly step you through it but knowing the NVR model and firmware version will help. Also check you have the Platform Access tab available under Configuration>Network>Advanced.

wiggy45

Thread starter #3
Surprised that ever worked! I recommend you start the process over using only Hik-Connect's service. I'd gladly step you through it but knowing the NVR model and firmware version will help. Also check you have the Platform Access tab available under Configuration>Network>Advanced.
Thank you for your reply Stewart, I solved the problem by uninstalling hik connect from my mobile and reinstalling. The DDNS password remains the same showing only 6 characters I assume this is just a quirk of the system.