01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Unable to do 50fps on the DS-2CD4025

patriciosimoes

Hello to all at the Forum,
I have 2 network cameras DS-2CD4025FWD-(A)(P) connected to a NVR model DS-7604NI-E1/4P/A.
I use the system for animal observation and I have been using 25fps, but I would like to record at 50fps (which the specs say it do).
However, I cannot set the record parameters on the NVR to 50fps: I have tried all combinations of Bitrate type/Video quality/Bitrate mode but I got always a "setting failed" message.
I was able to set the Event mainstream to 50fps (but not the continuous) , but it keeps recording at 25fps nonetheless.
Could you please advise me on how to set up the system to record at 50fps (if not continuous, at least in event mode)
Thank you so much.
All the best
Patricio Simoes

Hi,
My gut reaction would be that that older model NVR is not capable of 50fps (I haven't checked specs).
You may be able to do it with a microSD card in the camera.

Hi,
My gut reaction would be that that older model NVR is not capable of 50fps (I haven't checked specs).
You may be able to do it with a microSD card in the camera.
Hi Phil,
Thank you for the quick reply. On paper, the NVR specs says it could. I might have a go with a microSD.
Cheers

Where did you stream the captured videos? Direct on the recorder or over the network? I think the 50/60Hz coming only over the hdmi and the network mainstream brings only 25/30 fps.

Where did you stream the captured videos? Direct on the recorder or over the network? I think the 50/60Hz coming only over the hdmi and the network mainstream brings only 25/30 fps.
Hello chrizzo,
I'm using a closed system: the cameras are connected and powered to the NVR by LAN. I use the NVR software to directly record and manage the cameras and files. Thus, the only network connection is between the NVR and cameras.
Just after my post, I have tried to power the cameras by PoE and "capture" the image by using the BNC video output of the camera,. It worked but the image was still at 25fps. My next step is to try to power the cameras with 12DC and send the output directly to my computer and so bypass the NVR completely. But I don't have high hopes.
Thank you
All the best.

Try disabling WDR.
Try disabling WDR.
Hi Digilec,
Success! I was trying just that when I received your reply. The problem was that the NVR software does not access all of the camera functions (why?). I had to download the iVMS-4200 to my laptop, LAN each camera to it and access the full camera menu. I finally was able to disable the WDR and select the 50fps (and even that was not straightforward because it had to be done for the 2 switch modes). After that, I saved the specs and return the cameras to the NVR, now working at 50fps!
Thank you.
All the best.

as WDR uses multiple exposure settings, the frame rate will be limited by the shutter speed. For 50fps the maximum shutter time would be 1/50

Back