01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Unable to get all my Hikvision cameras to show on my NVR?

Hargreaves

Hi,

We have a Hikvision DVR and 4x cameras located around our building.

One is plugged direct into the DVR & is not displaying anything the DVR is advising of: Network is unreachable please edit parameter

The others are cameras located around the building they all work correctly but unplugging them resets them to there 192.168.254.x default range.

I am planning unless someone can suggest something else. Is to unplug all cameras from the DVR plug in a camera and then scan with the SDAP tool and then re-ip accordingly.

Then repeat until all cameras are back online, but with the camera plugged into the DVR does that require to be on a 192.168.254.X range or does that require to be on my own internal range? The network ports on the DVR seems to configured on our LAN is there a way I can check?

Also does it matter if the camera names are all different names or as I have 2x cameras being displayed as Warehouse Yard and only one of the devices should be this name.

Hi @Hargreaves

Are all your cameras plugged directly into the PoE ports on the NVR or do you have some on a separate PoE switch/injector?
Have you moved any of the cameras between NVR PoE ports and a PoE switch?

1 Camera is plugged direct into the DVR ports and the rest are plugged into POE switches located around the offices I have not moved any around as there in different locations.

According to the SADP the cameras are on 170725 or 170124 firmware and they are DS-2CD2T55FWD-I5 & the DVR is on V4.31.105build 210727

I think unplugging and starting again is my best hope as re-running the SDAP tool this morning and finding one camera on the 192.168.254.18 range and again corrected the IP to its correct IP now live view failed.....

Hi @Hargreaves

It is very strange that your cameras are defaulting to the NVRs subnet address range (192.168.254.xxx) without you connecting them directly to the NVR.

Looking at those firmware build numbers it would look like you are running very old firmware for those cameras which might explain the strange behaviour, I would recommend updating the cameras to v5.5.80 before then updating to the latest firmware v5.6.6

Can you also confirm your NVR model so I can check what firmware version that should be running?

Hi Dan,

The NVR is DS-2CD2T55FWD-I5.

But i would need all the camera's online and access able before updating firmware as i cannot access them other wise.

Cheers

That is a camera model and not an NVR model, your NVR model should have a part code that starts DS-76xxx

So you are saying none of your cameras are online? Are all 3 of the cameras on separate PoE switches using the 192.168.254.xxx address range?

If those remote cameras are using local network IP addresses you should be able to enter those IP addresses into Internet Explorer on a PC and log in to each camera directly to update the firmware.

Here is a Image from my SADP scan 192.168.18.253 is my DVR does the SADP pickup the DVR?

SADP.JPG

Hi @Hargreaves

Ok your 7732NI-K4 NVR is running the latest firmware

Is the PC/Laptop you are running SADP on plugged directly into a port on the NVR?

No, the SADP tool is run from my local PC on the range of 192.168.18.x

If i plug the a laptop into the DVR network points it did show the camera currently offline and then threw the .250 .251 .252 cameras to 192.168.254.x range

I cannot understand your network setup.

If you are viewing SADP on a PC connected to your local network you should not:

1) be seeing the NVR duplicated twice - once with the IP address and once with no IP address
2) be able to see the camera directly connected to your NVR - the 192.168.254.26 camera is the camera directly connected to your NVR but this subnet range should not be visible from your local network.

Have you tried entering one of the 192.168.18.xxx IP addresses in Internet Explorer to try and login to one of those cameras directly?

Are you able to draw a rough sketch (either paper & pencil or using something like paint on Windows) of your network layout to show us how all the elements of your network are linked together? (e.g. where is the router in relation to the NVR, remote cameras, and the PC that you are accessing the system with)

Something about your system layout does not currently make sense.

Thanks for your assistance Dan i have resolved the issue and all my cameras are now showing correctly.

Back