01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Unable to playback recordings from Nvr

Hi,

Am a newbie here, having some trouble with playback from my nvr, I've listed the details below. My problem is I can playback the videos off both my cameras up until sunrise then I just keep getting an message saying 'connection unstable'

DS-7608NI-K2-8P

2 cameras DS-2CD2T55FWD-I5

Everything else seems to be up and running fine, I can access the nvr from 4g etc via the router and IP address, and both cameras on home network or off it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jason

Why might your connection become unstable at sunrise?!?!?

Can you see your cameras (in your browser) during the day?
Is your NVR still showing them as connected?
Do they seem to be recording?

Why might your connection become unstable at sunrise?!?!?

Can you see your cameras (in your browser) during the day?
Is your NVR still showing them as connected?
Do they seem to be recording?

Hi.

I can watch the stream now fine in 4g etc, when am home later I can watch it on home network fine. I can view last nights recordings now on 4g fine and again at home. It seems as it's get to day light I am unable to view the recordings from the day time on either home or 4g it just says 'network unstable'. The nvr is showing bithas connected and I can view via laptop or connect app for iPhone.

Thanks

Jason

Have you set the recording schedule to record continuously 24hrs per day?
(If not, it may stop recording for periods, but I wouldn't expect to see 'network unstable')

Are the cameras plugged directly into your NVR?

(If not, it may stop recording for periods, but I wouldn't expect to see 'network unstable')

Hi Phil,

Yeah the camera is set to record continuously, I can see the blue bar when you're skipping through time periods it just seems to end early morning just after dawn . I thought maybe a setting to do with play back quality to high for phone or something but it doesn't work on laptop either.

Both cameras going directly in to the dvr.

Thanks

Jason

Hi Phil,

I want ha j to the system last night as deleted it off the hik server, deleted it from the hik connect app and deleted all the services in router.

I then reopened the ports, added it on to hik and the connect app and am still having exactly the same issues.

Do Hik offer a dial in service to check over the box and settings do you know?.

Thanks for your l help so far.

Jason

Hi PHil,

Ok I think I've managed to sort the problem, well kind of.

I've logged in using the IP address for direct access via browser and hik connect app, I've set up a device on the app using the ip/domain option. Now I can see live footage and playback without any problems and looks great.

So I've tried to log in using the app again but using hik-connect details and the device was found etc. I can view live footage again but when I come to view recorded I can't scrub/view past midnight, it's only allowing me to start here no matter where I request the start point e.g. 'Daytime'. I can't keep the ip way of doing it in case it changes from the router. Have I missed a setting do you think for the hik-connect?. Thanks in advance

Jason

Sorry, really busy, and losing the thread. One of the common reasons I encounter for Hik-Connect problems is the Gateway and/or DNS settings not being set - please see image below.

Attachments

• Gateway & DNS Settings 11-8-17.jpg
    Gateway & DNS Settings 11-8-17.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 5,071
Last edited:
Sorry, really busy, and losing the thread. One of the commonest reasons I encounter for Hik-Connect problems is the Gateway and/or DNS settings not being set - please see image below.

Hi Phil,

No need to apologise, I appreciate all your help and advise.

I've changed the settings as to be honest they wasn't right, I just used the routers ip instead. It hasn't made a difference though.

Here's a screen shot of my camera at the back, the left one is directly accessing the nvr via the domain/IP address (but that will change when router decides) and the right one is using the hik-connect method.

The left one allows me to to push through and fast forward if you like through the video, the right one doesn't and every time I try it buffers and goes back to start.

It has me banging my head off the wall.

Thanks again

Jason

IMG_3134.PNG
IMG_3135.PNG

I have the exact same issue with playback when using Hik-Connect. If connected via the NVR's internal IP address from home playback is flawless 24/7. Hik-Connect playback seems to stop around 7am and wont start working until after 7pm.
No problems with Live view via Hik-Connect.

This thread was already helpful. I couldnt get playback for 07:00, after reading other user's symptoms I discovered I can get playback up to before 06:00. I can playback fine direct off the NVR, just not on the Hicconnect app.

I'll go check DNS and gateway now, but surely if the app connects even while I'm away from home, and I can play back up to before 06:00 through the net, the DNS and gateway can't be wrong?

I have the same issue through the Guarding Vision app. For me I can review all night time activity (my recordings are motion triggered rather than continuous recording) and I can skip to any event recorded under IR (infra-red) without issue. As soon as the recordings are in daylight then I can't review them and get what seems to be the common message "Network is unstable. Connecting again".

I can review all recordings and incidents as normal at the NVR.

Any help gratefully received.

I'm having the exact same problem. Set up a new DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) with two HiVision IP Cams. Live view is perfect, both locally on box and remotely with iPhone app.

Tried remote playback today with the app and I can watch everything perfectly exactly up to the minute day breaks in the morning and the camera night vision IR mode switches off. Everything from that point on is unviewable and gives me a "Playing failed (260025)" error - despite the app showing a perfect blue section along the timeline indicating video was captured.

It's definitely not a network access issue as I can keep going back over and over again, watching anything up to exactly 4:40:30AM before the cam night vision mode switches off when the sun comes up.

What's more weird is that the live view is just fine all the time. I can see everything happening in the daytime in real time now, no problem. I just cant rewind and watch anything after day break.

Oh, and I should add that this is definitely a night to day issue as the second cam is currently in the basement which has been on night vision the entire time and I can go back and playback the entire timeline totally seamlessly. No problems whatsoever.

Does anyone have any idea to fix this??? It's driving me nuts.

I'm having the exact same problem. Set up a new DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) with two HiVision IP Cams. Live view is perfect, both locally on box and remotely with iPhone app.

Tried remote playback today with the app and I can watch everything perfectly exactly up to the minute day breaks in the morning and the camera night vision IR mode switches off. Everything from that point on is unviewable and gives me a "Playing failed (260025)" error - despite the app showing a perfect blue section along the timeline indicating video was captured.

It's definitely not a network access issue as I can keep going back over and over again, watching anything up to exactly 4:40:30AM before the cam night vision mode switches off when the sun comes up.

What's more weird is that the live view is just fine all the time. I can see everything happening in the daytime in real time now, no problem. I just cant rewind and watch anything after day break.

Oh, and I should add that this is definitely a night to day issue as the second cam is currently in the basement which has been on night vision the entire time and I can go back and playback the entire timeline totally seamlessly. No problems whatsoever.

Does anyone have any idea to fix this??? It's driving me nuts.

I'm having exactly the same issues.

Has anybody tried choosing different compression settings? I've tried H.264, H.264+ and H.265, with H.264 being the most responsive but still with the problems above.

Playing failed (260025) error comes up often with my clients. Live view with Hik-Connect app streams smoothly but almost everytime when reviewing recorded footage it throws that error. Connecting IVMS-4200 to Hik-Connect performs only slightly better when reviewing recorded footage but still remains an unacceptable option. I haven't tried IVMS-4500 on mobile or Hikvision's EZViz app. I'll report back shortly.

Maybe check your internet connection speed from your ISP.
Use an independent test tool such as speedtest.net
It is the uplink speed at the site where the recorder is located that will be the bottleneck and may cause playback issues.

Exactly same problem here.

Mines has been sketchy for a while so gave up but and after reading this I've realised it only works at night.

Reset NVR and all 4 cameras. DNS and gateway correct.

Live view works 24/7 but can only view recordings made at night.

Same with ezviz and hikconnect.

100Mb down 20Mb up broadband

Should probably have added I have 4 x DS-2CD2342WD and DS-7604NI-E1-4P

3 cameras set up for auto day/night switch and 1 always in day mode.

All cameras have the same issue.

Same problem here! Don’t have this issue anywhere else, going to fit a network switch tomorrow to see if it’s a bandwidth issue

Back