01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Unable to playback recordings from Nvr

Same problem here! Don’t have this issue anywhere else, going to fit a network switch tomorrow to see if it’s a bandwidth issue
On the ezviz app, if you go to "more" in bottom right , "function settings", then "local" you can connect through LAN.

For me playback is flawless that way, even when connecting outwith LAN using VPN or DDNS.

Might be worth checking that before buying a switch as will rule out bandwidth issues.

I'm thinking the problem is with hikvision cloud service.

Last edited:
On the ezviz app, if you go to "more" in bottom right , "function settings", then "local" you can connect through LAN.

For me playback is flawless, even when connecting outwith LAN using VPN or DDNS.

Might be worth checking that before buying a switch as will rule out bandwidth issues.

I'm thinking the problem is with hikvision cloud service.

Thanks, for your help, unfortunately no different, going to test the cat 6 to nvr & run some tests at router today. I have got a hell of a lot of kit running so going to discount issues one by one...I hope :)

That sounds like a completely different problem then, if playback does not work through LAN.

It plays back through Lan but not during playback during daytime, connection unstable message. Apologies I thought that’s what this thread was about?

It plays back through Lan but not during playback during daytime, connection unstable message. Apologies I thought that’s what this thread was about?
Slightly different from my issue then.

I can play back fine when connected via LAN using the method I stated a few posts above.
When I say connected by LAN I mean not using the cloud service at all and connecting to local IP address of your NVR. Like I said you can do this in ezviz.

It's only when connected through hikconnect or ezviz cloud service that it fails to play back recordings during daylight hours with me.

If you are indeed getting the issue while connecting through LAN it might be an issue on your home network.

If LAN is fine it's likely a broadband or server issue with hik cloud service.

Last edited:
I had same issue - remote playback was possible only for records taken during night hours, about 4.00pm - 7.00am(November 2018, CET)

First of all try below steps and write if this helped - it works for me!

Go to iVMS-4200 -> Device Management -> Remote Configuration -> Image -> Video & Audio -> set 'Video Quality' to 'lowest'. Default value is normal, set it to lowest, apply and try if this helps.
hik1.png

My Details:

I have DS-7608NI-K2-8P recorder with 4 cameras DS-2CD1141-I(4MP) connected directly to recorder.
4TB Seagate hard drive with continuous recording for all cameras. DNS set to 8.8.8.8. I've tried image compression H.264 and H.264+.
I am using HIK-Connect app on iOS. My internet connection is 20Mbit download and 3Mbit upload.

When at home and using HIK-Connect app with recorder configured as local LAN IP(192.168.0....) everything
works perfectly - I can playback, and watch live view smoothly. Same when using iVMS-4200 on Windows or MacOS.

When accessing system outside my LAN, e.g. at work, I have HIK-Connect app with same recorder configured using HIK-Connect Service connection(using my account and Serial Number). Live View is also smooth, but I can playback only records taken at night(and about 30 minutes of daylight then it stops).

Also when I got PushNotification about MotionDetection, playback is possible only when it was dark.
I figured out that cameras have 2 streams: main-stream(for day recording), and sub-stream(much lower quality) for night recording.
So remote playback works for me when playing back the sub stream, when it turns to main-stream, there is some problem with HIK-Connect Service.

I don't think this is the upload limit(3MBit) of my internet connection, because live view(in high quality) is always smooth. (@Callum84 has 20MB up and same problem)

What I did was to decrease the quality of main-stream image and it helped! It didn't decrease file size dramatically, but it works!
You can try changing resolution e.q. to 1080P - this also works.

I recently installed a new Hik NVR and 4 cameras. Having exactly the same issue. Playback is fine when I try to view night time footage but I can’t access daytime footage from the Hik Connect app.

Really weird and strikes me that it shouldn’t be an internet bandwidth issue, as I can stream the night footage.

Has anyone found a solution other than changing the video quality to “low” ? Would prefer to keep my recording in high quality if possible!

Tested mine today, i’ve set my video quality to medium this seems to work for me. Hopefully a long term fix will present itself soon.

I don't get this issue on the DS-7732NI-I4 with Hik-Connect or iVMS-4200 (2.7.2.7, I find is the most stable) via Cloud P2P.
I've tried playback of several different days from before sunrise to well after and no issues.
I'm running the 5.5.80 firmware on the cameras and 4.1.67 on the NVR.
ADSL speed is 10MB down 5MP up.
I have a DS-7616NI-K2 that I setup today with the latest firmware and I'll try the same tests tomorrow.
Seems several people have mentioned the DS-7600 K series, wonder if it might be a lead.
I'll update soonest.

same problem. wheres all the help

What's your broadband uplink speed like?
Are you only seeing a problem when playing back from the App?
iPhone or Android?
Are you using the Hik-Connect portal to reach your system?
Do you see the same problems whether you are connected to Data or Wi-Fi?

Same problem here! Spent 2 weeks trying to sort it! How does hikvision expect anyone to recommend this rubbish! Plug and play my ass

If you'd like some help, please start a new thread - describe your equipment and the problems you are having and we will try to help you.

Has there been a fix for this yet. I am having the very same problem.
I have tested streaming a playback on the app from the morning as the camera transitions from night mode to day mode.
The playback works fine while the camera is in night mode and works ok for a couple of minutes after the transition, stutters a bit and then freezes. If I try to playback any video from the day it comes up with the "Playing failed (260025)" error or "Network is Unstable. Connecting again". My hardware is NVR-208M-A/8P and 4 x IPC-T140. The app version is HIKVISION Hik-Connect V3.7.4.190301.
I have the same issue on wifi and 4G data connection. I do not have the issue when connected to the same network as the NVR.

If you use Speedtest.net to test your broadband connection, what's your uplink speed like?
Who is your ISP please?
What router are you using?

If you use Speedtest.net to test your broadband connection, what's your uplink speed like?
Who is your ISP please?
What router are you using?

Uplink speed is around 14Mbps
Router is a TPLink Archer MR200/AC750 4G Router
ISP is Three mobile

Thanks

BFEE, one way to narrow down the problem is with iVMS-4200. Do you have a PC with it loaded to try some troubleshooting?

Back