01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Unable to save settings on HIKVISION DS 7208 HGHI-SH DVR

Stani Emerson John

So I'm having this issue from a month back and don't really know what triggered it. I have an HIKVISION DS 7208 HGHI-SH DVR hooked on to 6 Analog cam's with 1 TB of HDD for storage. Everything is working fine except that if I make any changes now like an OSD camera name change or Number of camera view change, it changes on clicking the save button but on DVR re-boot it all revert back to the previous setting.

I tried initializing the HDD again and also changed the tiny battery inside the DVR but the problem still persists. Can some one please tell me what's going on and how I can solve this problem. Thanks.

Hikvision PTZ cameras
So I'm having this issue from a month back and don't really know what triggered it. I have an HIKVISION DS 7208 HGHI-SH DVR hooked on to 6 Analog cam's with 1 TB of HDD for storage. Everything is working fine except that if I make any changes now like an OSD camera name change or Number of camera view change, it changes on clicking the save button but on DVR re-boot it all revert back to the previous setting.

I tried initializing the HDD again and also changed the tiny battery inside the DVR but the problem still persists. Can some one please tell me what's going on and how I can solve this problem. Thanks.

Hi,

For your issue ,
Possible solution is to make firmware update on v 3.3.4 from official hikvision europe portal and then make twice restore to all..

Hi,

For your issue ,
Possible solution is to make firmware update on v 3.3.4 from official hikvision europe portal and then make twice restore to all..
Unfortunately the DVR does not upgrade to the latest firmware as well. I tried updating it with latest firmware v3.1.12 and v3.1.18 but every time it reboots but still shows me only the old firmware v3.1.7 I still have no clue what is wrong. FYI, I downloaded the US firmwares since my model number matches with theirs.

I have a doubt it maybe my HDD, so planning to replace that later. If anyone else has a better idea please let me know.

Hi Stani,

Have you found any solution to this? Please help me out. I am also stuck with the same issue.

Thanks,
Venkat

Back