01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Unable to upload camera firmware?

Spiceman

Hi all. Looking for help uploading hikvision camera firmware.
I have the latest firmware for DS-2CD2347G2-LU however I'm having trouble uploading to the camera, just keep getting upgrading failed. I managed to upload latest NVR firmware fine.
I'm a total newbie in the cctv world so I'm guess I'm doing something totally wrong.
I'm using internet explorer. I've also tried installing the firmware in steps and not jumping straight to the latest.

Please could anyone help? I have the camera directly connected to my NVR.
I Also started the setup procedure round my parents house as that's where its going to be installed, I got the picture up fine and then I bought everything to my own house to see if I could get to understand more and download the latest updates, could this where it may of gone wrong? I haven't changed any address since the setup round my parents.
Thank you.

Hi all. Looking for help uploading hikvision camera firmware.
I have the latest firmware for DS-2CD2347G2-LU however I'm having trouble uploading to the camera, just keep getting upgrading failed. I managed to upload latest NVR firmware fine.
I'm a total newbie in the cctv world so I'm guess I'm doing something totally wrong.
I'm using internet explorer. I've also tried installing the firmware in steps and not jumping straight to the latest.

Please could anyone help? I have the camera directly connected to my NVR.
I Also started the setup procedure round my parents house as that's where its going to be installed, I got the picture up fine and then I bought everything to my own house to see if I could get to understand more and download the latest updates, could this where it may of gone wrong? I haven't changed any address since the setup round my parents.
Thank you.

So if you're getting "upgrade failed" displayed it sounds as though you're managing to access the individual camera webpage (not just the NVRs webpage) with a browser?

Best to confirm that first. You need to either have Virtual Host enabled in the NVR settings so that you get a clickable link to the camera webpage from within the NVR camera webpage or you can connect to the camera webpage by connecting a PC/laptop to a spare PoE port on the NVR and entering the 192.168.254.xxx address of the camera, though the former (Virtual Host) is easiest. If so in System > Maintenance you should be able to use the Browse button to locate the file and then just hit Upgrade. If that's the case theres a couple of things to try:

1 - Sounds obvious but I'm assuming the file is not still zipped? - if so unzip it. It should be called digicap.dav
2 - Clear your browser history before each upgrade
3 - I've had a few issues when I've been browsing through multiple directories IE long file path to the upgrade file. Put the file in Downloads, on the Desktop or directly in the root of the C drive
4 - Reboot the camera

Post back with the steps you're taking if you're still struggling.

Last edited:
So if you're getting "upgrade failed" displayed it sounds as though you're managing to access the individual camera webpage (not just the NVRs webpage) with a browser?

Best to confirm that first. You need to either have Virtual Host enabled in the NVR settings so that you get a clickable link to the camera webpage from within the NVR camera webpage or you can connect to the camera webpage by connecting a PC/laptop to a spare PoE port on the NVR and entering the 192.168.254.xxx address of the camera, though the former (Virtual Host) is easiest. If so in System > Maintenance you should be able to use the Browse button to locate the file and then just hit Upgrade. If that's the case theres a couple of things to try:

1 - Sounds obvious but I'm assuming the file is not still zipped? - if so unzip it. It should be called digicap.dav
2 - Clear your browser history before each upgrade
3 - I've had a few issues when I've been browsing through multiple directories IE long file path to the upgrade file. Put the file in Downloads, on the Desktop or directly in the root of the C drive
4 - Reboot the camera

Post back with the steps you're taking if you're still struggling.
How do I access the cameras web page? Maybe that's where I'm going wrong. I can't see anywhere the current firmware of the camera.
1. Yes the file has been unzipped
2.Cleared browser as you mentioned
3.Tried placing the file into different locations, downloads, desktop etc
4 Rebooted camera
Thanks for your help, much appreciated.

How do I access the cameras web page? Maybe that's where I'm going wrong. I can't see anywhere the current firmware of the camera.
1. Yes the file has been unzipped
2.Cleared browser as you mentioned
3.Tried placing the file into different locations, downloads, desktop etc
4 Rebooted camera
Thanks for your help, much appreciated.
It sounds like maybe your only in the NVR webpage and are trying to upload a camera upgrade file to the NVR!

Ok so first login to the NVR with a web browser and go to:

Configuration > Network > Advanced Settings > Other and put a tick in the "Enable Virtual Host" box and save it

Then in the same page go up to:

System > Camera Management

You'll see a list of all the IP cameras and at the right hand side of the page there will now be a link to click for each cameras webpage. Click on the first one and log in. You will get a configuration page similar to the NVR but specific to that one camera. In there go to:

System > System settings where you can read the current version, then in
System > Maintenance you can browse to your upgrade file and upload it to the camera

Thank you so much, okay I've clicked on enable virtual host and saved but when I goto camera management I see the list of cameras but no link?

Thank you so much, okay I've clicked on enable virtual host and saved but when I goto camera management I see the list of cameras but no link?
Ok maybe try deleting your browser history first and going back to camera management again.

Once Virtual Host is enabled you don't have to use the link you can just append the NVR IP address with 6500_camera_number. For example if your NVR IP address is 192.168.0.100 and you want camera 5 you can use http://192.168.0.100:65005 for cam 1 http://192.168.0.100:65001 etc

Ok maybe try deleting your browser history first and going back to camera management again.

Once Virtual Host is enabled you don't have to use the link you can just append the NVR IP address with 6500_camera_number. For example if your NVR IP address is 192.168.0.100 and you want camera 5 you can use http://192.168.0.100:65005 for cam 1 http://192.168.0.100:65001 etc
Unfortunately still no link. I double checked virtual host is ticked and it is. Deleted browser history, rebooted but still no link. Cheers

Unfortunately still no link. I double checked virtual host is ticked and it is. Deleted browser history, rebooted but still no link. Cheers
Should look like this:

Screenshot 2021-04-15 at 21.48.29.png

Try navigating straight to a camera using the other method I just gave you - IPaddress_6500x

Success!! Thank you so so much for your help, it's upgrading now, been trying for 3 hours to do this. The first method you gave me worked. The link was there all along, just needed to click on the IP camera tab and then it took me to the link. Thank you so very much.

Success!! Thank you so so much for your help, it's upgrading now, been trying for 3 hours to do this. The first method you gave me worked. The link was there all along, just needed to click on the IP camera tab and then it took me to the link. Thank you so very much.
Yeah the camera details used to come straight up but now you see a tab for PoE configuration. Glad you're getting somewhere - I can go bed now without feeling I've failed! :)

Back