01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Understanding "Embedded" NVR, ColorVU, AcuSense, Mainstream, Substream

616marek

Hi guys, can I ask you few questions please?

I saw somewhere on internet that Hikvision DS-7732NI-I4-24P was also called embedded. Now from what I understand embedded NVR is basically standalone device which works on its own, right? PC based NVRs need to be connected to a PC to be able to work and record, correct? So on your website and also on the official Hikvision website it doesn’t states this is embedded NVR. Is this some kind of old term? And are all the Hikvision NVRs „embedded“? ( working on their own OS?) and no need to be connected to PC?

Also this mentioned NVR- it says decoding capability is 16ch@1080P- so this means that I can only live view/ playback max of 16 x 2MP cameras at the same time? This NVR supports max 12MP cameras so NVR would still record whatever number (up to 32) cameras on their max. resolution ( obviously restricted on max bandwidth) but live view or playback would be restricted to the 16 cameras on 2MP? And what if I put live view on lower resolution- could I then see more than 16 cameras at the same time?

And can all NVRs operate PTZ cameras?

Just to clear some info. If not all, then almost all Hikvision cameras' images are in colour, right? So it doesn't mean only ColorVu cameras are in colour and all others are in black and white? Does it mean that ColorVu is in colour during darkness and others are in black and white?

And do all IP cameras support the line crossing/ intrusion etc? Or is it justAcuSense cameras?

And let's say I have AcuSense camera. Do I have to haveAcuSense NVR too?

Or can AcuSense NVR replace the cameras job in regards tothis? See I don't really understand the difference between AcuSense camera andAcusense NVR.

And one last thing- difference between mainstream and substream. Is it correct when I say that decoding capacity is basicaly restriciton on how many cameras and on what resolution can be live viewed or played back at the sametime? So it doesn't affect cameras- so they can still record on their max resolution regardless of the decoding capacity? I do apologize if my questions are too basic or stupid, I would just love to get some explanation.

I know it's very long post but these are my concerns and if someone could help I would really really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance

Hi @616marek

As I have already replied to these questions in the email you sent I will just copy and paste my answers below:

1) Yes, Embedded is older terminology and almost all new NVRs (unless otherwise stated) are embedded and will run on their own without a PC, but obviously if the NVR is connected to your local network, you can access it using a PC browser on the same network if you wish to.​
2) Yes, Decoding capacity is the number of cameras that can be viewed/played back at the same time at a certain resolution, so the 7732 NVR would support 16 cameras streaming at the same time in 1080p resolution. In reality, the NVR usually will automatically switch to the camera's low-res sub-stream when viewing multiple cameras at once, this isn't an issue because in reality if you were to try and stream 16 x 8MP/4K cameras in 4K on a 4K screen you wouldn't be seeing a 4K image from any of them because each camera would only be taking up 1/16 of that 4K screen. I believe 16 cameras is the maximum you can view in one go (in a 4x4 layout) and so if you were using the full 32 channels you would have 2 pages of 16 cameras that you could either display on 2 monitors or automatically rotate between on one monitor.​
3) Most NVRs can operate PTZ cameras, the 7732 you are looking at definitely can.​
4) Yes, all Hikvision cameras deliver a colour image during the daytime, ColorVu only relates to the night time image with ColorVu cameras able to achieve a colour image at night using either their built-in white light LEDs or the ambient light in a scene (e.g. street lighting or security lights). All other models like AcuSense and Darkfighter use invisible IR LEDs to produce a black & white image at night.​
5) Yes, all current Hikvision models support line crossing & intrusion detection, the AcuSense cameras include false alarm reduction and human/vehicle filtering to improve the accuracy of these smart events.​
6) No, The I-series NVRs like the 7732 you are looking at will support the AcuSense features of the cameras. The AcuSense NVRs only really make sense for users with older systems who are looking to replace their NVR because the AcuSense NVRs allow you to apply the AcuSense technology to a small number of non-AcuSense cameras. (it does not replace the AcuSense functionality of all cameras, the majority of your cameras would still need to be AcuSense)​
7) Main stream is the stream used for recording the cameras and sub-stream is used when remotely streaming the cameras (e.g. in the Hik-Connect app) or as mentioned earlier when split-screening multiple cameras. Even if you are viewing the cameras in the sub-stream, they should always continue to record in the background using the main stream. (as long as you do not exceed the NVRs incoming bandwidth limit)​

Thank you so so much @Dan for such a quick and knowledgeable response, I really appreciate it.

If I can then 2 more questions for you:

I know, that varifocal camera can have its zoom adjusted, but I saw on some of the cameras, that it's adjustable just manually. And then there are some cameras refered to as motorized zoom. So on IP cameras how can I recognize whether it's remotely adjustable ( like motorized zoom)?

Second question is about different NVRs. There are 3 I'm considering. All 32 channels:

I understand the key differences- POE/ no POE ports, bandwidth, number of harddrives, different MP cameras supported etc.
However what I'm not sure about is: when you look at the attached photo- the 9632 series doesn't seem to have any of the: facial detection and analytics, face picture library, face picture comparison, human/ vehicle analysis. Next to this series it says N/A- is it just not listed or does the 9632 series not have any of those features?
So what are the main advantages of the iDS-7732 series? I see it's deepinmind NVR- what is that good about it? And which one would you choose and why? I'd love your advice on this one. ( just a side note- what does the nxi stand for? )
And on other picture attached there are various different models in the iDS-7732nxi series? Loads of different / and / numbers.

Thank you once again for your support!
Have a great day!

Attachments

• Snímka obrazovky (15).png
    Snímka obrazovky (15).png
    117.7 KB · Views: 180
  • Snímka obrazovky (16).png
    Snímka obrazovky (16).png
    177.4 KB · Views: 173
Hi @616marek

In regards to motorised varifocal cameras, most varifocal models will state on their datasheet if they support a motorised varifocal lens. Very few models these days have manual lenses, mainly only box cameras and a few odd dome/bullet cameras.

In regards to the NVR, if you are not using DeepinView cameras then there is little point going for the DeepinMind NVR as the majority of the advanced features it supports are only included/supported by those top-spec DeepinView cameras, the AcuSense NVR only really makes sense if you have some legacy cameras that are non-AcuSense as these NVRs can apply AcuSense features to a limited number of non-AcuSense cameras. In your case, as it is a new system with mainly AcuSense cameras I think the 9632 NVR would be fine. (or if you don't need the 8 HDD bays you could go with the DS-7732NI-I4/16P model as well)

Back