01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Unusual HikVision Camera

CliveC

Hi,
I have been given a HikVision camera, which appears to work fine. SADP was able to activate it with no problem, and it works with the NVR I recently purchased from Use-IP

The things that make it unusual is that the user interface doesn't have the HikVision logo and what would display as red text/bars in the web interface on a standard camera is blue on this camera.

Also under System->System Settings the model number is just a grey box. under Firmware Version property is shown B-R-R7-0, so on the face of it it appears to be an R7 series camera.

Serial number is 20190215CCWRC92494195W

It is a Dome 4MP, dome PTZ camera, I think it looks like a HiLook camera, but the firmware doesn't match any listed for HiLook.

One clue I have is under Network->Advanced Settings->Platform access HikConnect is not shown or available but Guarding Vision is at an address of dev.guardingvision.com.

Everything else about the menu structure is as you would expect from a HikVision camera.

Fiest question I have is it likely to be safe to update the firmware when new versions are release for the R7? Currently it is running V5.5.6 build 180530

I've attached a picture of the menu.

Attachments

• Camera1.jpg
    Camera1.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 201
Does SADP show anything in the 'Device Type' column?

Fiest question I have is it likely to be safe to update the firmware when new versions are release for the R7? Currently it is running V5.5.6 build 180530
Who knows? ;)
Normally, if firmware is unsuitable the camera/NVR will reject it as such and let you know.

Back