01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Update for iVMS-4200 v2.8.1.4

leachim

I use this software for viewing cameras on my Windows PC

Nothing fancy

I put my computer to sleep most nights and restart it once a week or fortnight

I actually HAVE to restart it because after a few days sometimes, this software slows my computer down - if I end the task in Taskmanager, it speeds up again.

It is near top spec machine

Is there an update to this, as I have tried v3.2 whatever that is, but it needs a login which I dont recognise and asks for port numbers... ?

The interface is a lot different too

Any help please ?!

Hi leachim,

You should have set up a superuser/password combination when you first installed the software. It's easily forgotten if you have auto login enabled for ages!

Your best course of action will probably to start from scratch - a pain I know. You'll need to set up all the cameras again but uninstalling/wiping all the iVMS-4200 files from the system and then reinstalling the latest version of the software again will allow you to reset the username and password. People sometimes find problems start appearing when you jump straight to the newest version of the software from something quite outdated and miss the updates in between, starting afresh will prevent this happening. You shouldn't have to worry about port numbers too much once you've reinstalled, let me know how you get on and if you're still having problems after trying this.

Many thanks

Although since disabling some iVMS software in Task Manager, things may have improved with v.2.8
Will keep my eye on it
Cheers

Back