01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Updating NVR and Cameras - Can I update to the latest firmware in a single update?

Bluenose1940

Centurion!
Trusted Member
Hello folks,
I was checking out the latest firmware/software for my system this morning and, I notice that for my cameras (DS-2CD2035 FWD & DS-2CD2155 FWD) there have been 5 updates since I last did mine. I am currently on v5.5.83 Build 190221 and the latest is v5.6.5 Build 200316.

My NVR (DS-7604NI-K1/4P (B)) is on v4.30.010 Build 200715 whereas the latest seems to be v4.30.085 Build 210409.

My question is, if I wish to download and install these updates, can I do it in one go without any problems or, do I have to install them one at a time until I've done the very latest?

Thank you.

Hi @Bluenose1940

Yes, it should be fine to update straight to those latest firmware versions.

I have now updated my NVR but I am being driven crazy by the constant beeping noise every few minutes. I have gone through the menu and have turned off anything that relates to sound/audio but I cannot get rid of it.

My iPhone beeps first and this is followed immediately by the NVR.

This has only kicked-in since doing the upgrade.

Any thoughts anyone? Thank you.

Hi @Bluenose1940

NVR Beeping sometimes is related to an error, I would go into the maintenance menu on the NVR and check its logs for any exceptions like IP conflict, HDD error, etc...

If you check the logs and you see no recent exceptions/errors, then I can only think the beeping is a request for the HDDs to formatted. Formatting is usually only required when installing new HDDs, but sometimes after certain firmware updates, it can ask for HDDs to be formatted. Download any footage/clips you absolutely need and then go to storage management, select the drive(s), and click format.

Thanks again Dan, I will look at that in a moment.
I have another problem with updating now. This time with the cameras.

I have two cameras and following the upgrade the system is telling me that camera 2 was successful but camera 1 failed. I have tried doing camera 1 again but not only do I not have an image I can't get at it to try to upgrade again

My cameras are

I have now successfully updated camera 1 and it is all working fine. I have also managed to format the hard drive but the beeping has not stopped. It really is driving me crazy!

Any other thoughts anyone?

Have you looked at the NVR log? Are you accessing the NVR with a browser or a direct monitor?

Hi again Dan, I was trying both ways, direct to the NVR and also via IE but, although I can now get into IE I cannot get 'Live View' which is probably being caused by the lack of the updated plugin which I'm being prevented form installing.

When I formatted the HDD there was a message that said all logs and suchlike would be deleted.

Ok, formatting will have wiped all logs but if the beeping is still happening and that is related to an error then each set of beeps should be marking a new entry in the log.

In the browser access, go to Configuration > Maintenance > Log and you should see the below

Screenshot 2021-05-21 at 13.51.53.png

Set major type as Exception and minor type as all types then click search and see if you get any results.

Thanks, have you tried rebooting the NVR since you updated it? If not I would try cycling the power and see after it boots up again whether the beeping continues.

Yes i have rebooted the unit a couple of times in fact.

The beeping seem to be happening precisely every full minute. Since formatting the HDD the Hik-Connect app on my phone is showing 115 in a red circle in the top right hand corner of the icon.

Ok, I would expect that be a counter for event triggers/push notifications, when you open Hik-Connect do you see a similar number next to the notification menu?

Everything seems to have gone topsy turvy since I did the NVR and Camera updates.

Apart from all of the continuous beeping that I just can't get rid of (see earlier posts above), I am now getting constant popups on my pc screen every few minutes. this is all getting out of hand now. I didn't have any problems for quite some time prior to doing the updates.

Anyone know how I can turn these things off? I have attached an image of what keeps popping up.

This image popping up every few minutes is driving me crazy. There must be a way to stop it.

Attachments

• Alarm image.jpg
    Alarm image.jpg
    160.6 KB · Views: 206
Last edited:
Back