01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Firmware Updating the firmware on my DS-2CD2347G2-LU(b) cameras?

Capital_Singer

I'm struggling a bit here. must have looked at 5 yt vids now but they all seem to be using an different browser to access it, it has a load of different menu sections that mine does not have?

I've managed to locate the right firmware on the eu portal for the NVR and have successfully updated that so i'm halfway there

but the problem is with the cameras,

1) I can't find the right firmware. the cameras I have are the DS-2CD2347G2-LU(b), all I can find (which I think I'm lucky to have got this far, not easy at all) is the firmware for the -G1 model
DOWNLOAD EU PORTAL
seeing as they have just lumped a whole load of cameras together, can I assume that the firmware for the G1 will be ok for mine??

2) when I go to configuration, system settings, all I can see is the NVR details and what firmware that is, and how to update that?
all YT vids seem to show camera details and serial numbers etc, and have an option to select the firmware and install it, but even if I could find the right firmware, i wouldn't know how to do it? so I'm not even sure what firmware my cameras have at the minute?

ok, done a bit more research, found out I need the V5.5.150 firmware for my cameras, but how do i install it onto them? or how do I even check that they don't have that version already??

ok, done a bit more research, found out I need the V5.5.150 firmware for my cameras, but how do i install it onto them? or how do I even check that they don't have that version already??

You need to log into the camera directly not the NVR.

Log into your NVR webpage first and in the menu you’ll find “ Virtual host” - enable that tick box. Then go back in the Camera menu and you’ll now see a link after each cameras details. Click on it and log in with your admin password. You’re now in the cameras own webpage menu and can go into system settings and load the new firmware.

ok, just got another new camera, trying to update the firmware on it. when I try and log in, it says incorrect password. I don't remember this happening with the other cameras? have I missed a step?

I can't reset it by e-mail or using the questions because they haven't been set up.
tried admin and 12345 as the username and password but no luck, now it says it'll be locked after 3 more tries

What camera is it. Has it been connected to an NVR? The username will be admin and the password will be your NVR admin password. As it's asking for a password you must have activated it either manually or by connecting it to an NVR.

it's a DS-2CD2347G2-LU

first thing I tried was the admin and my NVR password, but it doesn't work.

it's a DS-2CD2347G2-LU

first thing I tried was the admin and my NVR password, but it doesn't work.
If it was brand new when you got it, it wasn't activated. For a number of years there has been no default password. They're activated in a couple of ways:

- connection to an NVR using plug and play. The camera is activated automatically and assigned the NVR admin password.
- via SADP
- the first time you connect using a web browser you're forced to enter an admin password twice to activate it

well I have no Idea what happened, All I did was go up on the roof, unplug my old cam, and plug the new one in, and then fitted it, whilst up there I logged into the app on my phone to adjust the view and it asked for my stream verification key or whatever it is. put in the one I normally use, and it worked.

came downstairs to my PC to start sorting all the settings out, and couldn't log in. I've managed to change the password back to what it should be, but now can't view from the NVR. is it just me or are these things really hard to set up?

well I have no Idea what happened, All I did was go up on the roof, unplug my old cam, and plug the new one in, and then fitted it, whilst up there I logged into the app on my phone to adjust the view and it asked for my stream verification key or whatever it is. put in the one I normally use, and it worked.

came downstairs to my PC to start sorting all the settings out, and couldn't log in. I've managed to change the password back to what it should be, but now can't view from the NVR. is it just me or are these things really hard to set up?
They're generally pretty straight forward but you do get a few quirks that can cause issues when swapping one camera to another. Plug and play is designed to make things easy but can cause issues when swapping cameras. If you know what the password is go to the camera setup page on the NVR, click edit and change it from "plug and play" to manual, then enter the correct password and save.

To get around that type of issue, I manually set up all of my cameras and avoid plug and play completely.

1 - I activate the cameras with a web browser while off the NVR giving them an IP address of 192.168.254.101,102,103 etc. This is using the same subnet as the NVR assigns by default. The NVR is 192.168.254.1 and assigns addresses in order after that - .2 .3 etc. Using 101, 102 etc is easier to remember and avoids clashes. While doing this I activate the cameras with an admin password which may be the same or different to the NVR.

2 - With cameras still disconnected I goto the NVR camera menu page. For each camera I change the adding type from plug and play to manual, enter the IP address (192.168.254.101 for cam and so on) and the password that I entered on the camera.

3 - Only then do I plug the camera into the NVR. The NVR channel has the correct IP address and admin password to match the camera and it comes straight online.

This makes it much easier when swapping cameras out (which I do too frequently). For example, If I decide to upgrade camera 8. I just power up the new model with an adaptor, activate it with my password and then change nothing but the IP address to .108. Unplug the old and plug in the new on the remote end of the cable - done.

thanks, I got there in the end. went to the monitor and found somewhere to put the right password in, I think I just changed it from plug & play to manual, then put the right password in.
thats enough for tonight, still needs a lot of setting up but I've ran out of enthusiasm!

Back