01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Upgrade from swnhd 806cam..easy

PickaBoo

So i have these 1mp 720p old Swann bullet cams for outside. I wouldn't be changing them if the female connection didn't get damp and stop working(cams still work fine), so I'm gonna try replace it and use them indoors, even tho i can't seem to find female adapters.
So iv an outdoor office/gaming room and looking for 2 cams and nvr for outdoor with good night vision (was thinking of adding IR floodlights for extra night vision as we only have censored flood lights)
Im able to view the cams glancing over at them every time someone comes in/out or at night when a cat/fox activates the floodlights lol
So I'm looking at around 300-400Euro mark for the system. I'm from ireland and iv seen more recently Hixvision use home and office and NO ONE using swann anymore.
Its time for an upgrade what's a good system for that price? and maby future proof to some degree for adding newer tech.
Also as i said id be able to watch these cams, apart from when I'm sleeping of course. Iv seen cheap-ish PTZ cams that i was kinda looking for anyway rather then a high end one that records etc. there's a corner in the garden that would allow me to almost see the whole front and back with a PTZ so that be cool too
let me know if i missed anything

Hi @PickaBoo

We would recommend a Hikvision DS-7604NI-K1/4P(B) 4-channel NVR, 2 x DS-2CD2345FWD-I 4MP Turret cameras, and a 2-3TB Western Digital Purple Surveillance HDD.

This solution will slightly blow your budget but this is the best quality/most affordable solution we can recommend.

(In regards to the PTZ, we don't usually recommend them for residential properties because good quality ones are expensive, large, and if you have been moving them/playing with them they can sometimes be pointing in completely the wrong place to catch the activity you want.)

thanks for the quick reply. @Dan i think these are the ones i seen in afew places i was working in but 3MP if im right. i like the look of them and would love to try them out, hoping there IR nightvision is good in complete darkness.
As for the PTZ id be looking for one like this HiLook by Hikvision PTZ-T4225I-D 2MP 100m IR 4-Inch Speed Dome HD, not a bad price imo, maby abit cheaper on blackfriday deals if im lucky lol. But the ptz i wouldnt want recording for the most part or at all, it would just be for things like eg. We have a koi pond that the heron likes to visit and being able to scope around the garden makes things easier, rather then get a cam Just for the pond.
What your thoughts, ever seen anyone do something similar?
and would the HiLook Ptz been made by Hiks them self be compatible with the NVR u metioned above ?
Cheers

Hikvision did use to produce 3MP models (2335FWD) but they were replaced by 4MP models like 2345 linked above, also the PTZ you have linked to is a TurboHD analog camera which means it uses COAX analog cable and is not compatible with a network IP NVR like the 7604(B).

The IP network equivalent to the analog PTZ you have found would be the PTZ-N4225I-DE(B) but we do not sell HiLook as it is Hikvision's consumer range and we only focus on their quality professional products. The Hikvision model we would recommend is the DS-2DE4225IW-DE 2MP 25x PTZ Camera

We have had people purchase PTZs for viewing bird tables and ponds before, but it is an expensive purchase (£400+) if you are only going to use it as a toy/fun gadget.

Back