01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Upgrade path for NVR and cameras

daneboomerang

I've got a DS-7608NI-SE/P running firmware V3.0.22 build 170621 and cameras DS-2CD2032-I running v5.0.2 build 130805 but I can't upgrade them. I'm not actually sure there IS a more up to date firmware for the NVR but I know there is for the cameras but no matter what upgrade file I choose the web GUI won't have it...

thanks!!

Hi @daneboomerang

Latest firmware for the 2032 camera is v5.4.5 which is quite a few versions ahead of what you are currently running, sometimes if you are too many versions behind you can encounter problems upgrading and to have upgrade in steps. You can find older v5.2.0 and v5.3.0 firmwares HERE

For the NVR v3.0.22 is latest version available, SE/P models were made End of Life several years ago so you are unlikely to see any future updates for this model.

If you do upgrade the cameras, as Dan says you need to upgrade via 5.2.x and 5.3.x first or you will hit issues. Also it's very important to clear your browser history between upgrades as the cameras directory changes and there's a modernised webpage - failure to do so may prevent your browser from reconnecting to the camera after upgrade until you do.

In your case it would actually be best to upgrade the cameras while disconnected from the NVR. This is because Hikvision changed from using a default password of 12345 to insisting on a minimum of 8 characters containing upper case, lower case and numbers. If left connected, when you get to the version where you must activate the camera with a secure password - the NVR will attempt to connect to the camera with the previous password and lock itself out.

Back