01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Upgrade time, Colorvu vs Darkfighter?

ColouVU over Powered by Darkfighter anyday. Lighting a scene doesn't just give colour it enables the camera to capture more detail than it would from motion images in dark conditions. Without light the camera has to have a wide slow shutter speed which causes motion blur.
Agreed, I’ve just got my 2nd colorvu camera and will install it when the snow has gone.

Hi @DrPhilG I have a HiLook system (the rebranded HiWatch)

The images I get from the domes are pretty good given they’re the budget range so I’m not sure why those images you posted are so foggy, I’d have said it was a dirty lens but you say you cleaned them?

I have also been considering upgrading too, mainly to reduce false alarms (the Hik-Connect app is constantly flashing alerts) so considering the AcuSense range and have asked similar questions in my thread

My considerations were the 2G ColorVu which has AcuSense technology or a 8MP darkfighter with AcuSense, prices seem to be similar.
The colour images posted by @David and @gp116126 are pretty impressive.

[edit]
Is there an obvious difference between a grey import and one intended for the UK market? If Amazon and ebay are the only options for end users then it would be good to know.

Last edited:
@DrPhilG what did you plump for?
for similar reasons to you (no ambient light, wife, etc) I’m tending toward G2 Acusense 8mp turret and mini bullet as swaps for 2146g1, 2163g0 and couple of 2132’s.
have watched very good diatech videos which is pushing me toward above not colorvu.

Back