01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Upgrading/Changing NVR software

Simon Dann

I currently have a 24 channel NVR supplied by SpyCamera about 6 years ago. This comes with the GAMUT software and is now becoming unreliable, depending what PC I use to login in from.
I have 11 IP (POE cameras) all 1080P and a 16 day record facility from 5.47TB of storage on two drives within the NVR.
I don't see the need to change either the NVR or cameras, but would like to change the firmware/software for an updated, version now that Flash Player is no lonegr supported.

Any Ideas? I've no idea how to even get started!

Hi Simon, Sorry for missing this.

I don't have a lot of experience with SpyCamera but if you can supply the specific models of your NVR and cameras I can have a fish around for the most up-to-date firmware available for them.

Have you tried contacting the supplier or manufacturer of the equipment requesting a link to the latest available updates?

Kyle.
I can provide you with the SpyCameraCCTV numbers, but I'm pretty sure they just rebrand equipment manufactured by others. Easier to provide some photos, you may be able to identify the origin.
NVR Front.jpg
NVR Lable.jpg
NVR Rear.jpg
Switch.jpg

Had a good go but there's no way of me identifying the source of that NVR. There's no trace of that model number anywhere on SpyCameraCCTV's download portal or website. There's definitely no serial numbers other than the ones identified in your pictures?

Unless someone else on the forum has a better idea than I do, your best course of action is to contact SpyCameraCCTV with that model number and enquire about available firmware/software updates.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help :(

Thanks all the same. I tried SpyCamer before, they were next to useless. I need some replacement domes also, they couldn't supply them either and wouldn't supply any further details.

Back