01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Upgrading the firmware on the Sanyo VCC-HD4000P

Phil

Administrator
Staff member
Trusted Member
Just for general information, one of our customers upgraded the firmware on his Sanyo VCC4000 this week and we established that you can only perform the firmware upgrade from an SD card (not via the network connection - which the upgrade instructions say you can do).

Firmware was upgraded to help with use of an HDMI capture card, which previously was failing to sync properly to the HDMI output from the camera (because originally it was slightly off of 50% frequency). Firmware upgrade fixed the issue and HDMI capture card now working well.

HDMI capture card by BlackMagic - delivering very low latency image captures. The images from this camera are very near real-world, and via this route they are very near real-time!:)

I have managed to find this version MAIN Ver : 1.06-00 <100323-00> and have successfully upgraded my HD4000.

Is there a newer firmware version.? if so where can we download it.?

I'm curious about this - I've never managed to find a firmware download site for the Sanyo IP cameras.. has anyone else had any luck?

Cheers,

Harv

Hi Harv,

I have seen a third-party publish a USA ftp download site for Sanyo's IP camera firmware in the past, but Sanyo UK like to keep their site access private.

Phil,

Cheers for the quick reply. I'm actually after the FW for HD3300's but thought I'd hijack this thread.

Thanks for the quick reply.

I don't suppose you have access to the Sanyo UK site?

Harv

Yes, we have access to the latest firmware.
I'll prepare a download link for you.
OK if I do it in the morning?
(things just got busy here:))

Phil,

I've just found the link and got on the US Site.. just downloading a file from 13/4/2011.

For anyone else interested or looking for Sanyo firmware, this is a good link - if it doesn't work straight off, set your ftp client to have the remote folder of /HD Cameras/ and it works fine.

I'll PM you with my other issue ;)

Thanks for the replies!

Harv

Hi all,

Have you ever tried updating the firmware on one of these cameras?

To take to 2.X you have to upgrade to an interim firmware.. I've tried on several of the cameras - following the update procedure in the pdf. The camera seems to get most of the way through, then just reset without installing the FW.

I'd like to hear is anyone else has had any success?

Harv

Sorry Harv, not tried that yet.
I did notice firmware downloads beginning to appear at Sanyo's UK website the other day - here.

Brilliant- thanks,

I'll keep checking back for the 3300 firmware I'm after!

Harv

I've just noticed they have added a few more items of firmware- including the HD3300 firmware - VDC-HD3100P_HD3300P_Main_2.03-02_Sub_1.01-00.zip a slightly different version to that which the international download site has.

I've so far managed to update 2 of the (4) cameras which we have. The other two are being awkward to say the very least. I think the problem stems from them having firmware 1.00.04, a very early release, reading the FW revision guide, there was in improvement in FW update reliability, and also in .jpg streaming reliability.

Hopefully somehow I'll manage to update these cameras to get some more stability into our system.

The two I have updated seem much less keen to drop the connection.

Harv

Just an update, I contacted Sanyo, and spoke to a brilliant member of their tech support.

The steps we went through to update the last 2 cameras :-

First was to try the firmware update from IE8 in backward compatability mode to appear as IE7.

This didn't work, so next I tried the update from the Sanyo Auto IP camera utility, you can download the latest version of this from the Sanyo HD Camera software section of the website (link here).

Make sure that nothing else is trying to access the camera before you do this..

You then unzip and run this, search for new cameras, and then select the camera and click check firmware. The software creates a folder in the location you are running it from with the model of the camera in, you then put the 3 firmware files in this folder. Close the software and re run. Checking the firmware again will enable the firmware update button in the SW. Click this, wait 20 mins and it hopefully completes with a nicely updated camera! However, if you select multiple cameras and it fails, you have messed up several cameras simultaneously.

Apparantly there's a 3rd way to update these Sanyo cams, using the SD card..

Harv

Hi Harv,
Thanks for sharing. Once upon a time you could only update them from the SD card!

It may sound complicated for me. I think its way simple and practical to update these Sanyo cameras using the SD card.

FYI, as of July 2018, the Sanyo software and firmware is here:
Software Download | Support | SANYO Security System | Security Systems | Business & Professional | Panasonic Global

I tried using the auto-ip program to update the firmware on my HD4000 but the firmware check button was greyed out. I manually created a directory in the same folder as the program called vcc-hd4000. I put the .bin and .hex in there, as well in the same folder as the program. Also, there was no name listed for the camera in the auto-ip program. It was just blank. I just named it Sanyo4000, and the firmware update became un-greyed out. I then was able to update the firmware.

I tried the sd card method but couldn't figure out how to do anything other than view the firmware version. Maybe you're supposed to hold the set button down for a couple seconds or something?

I'm sorry, Sanyo stopped selling these, and completely withdrew from the CCTV sector in 2012 - we don't have any here and I'm afraid I have no recollection of how to work with them :(

Back