01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Upload to FTP issues

SteveRW

Hi there,

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to fix my FTP issue? I can't get the camera to send anything other than the test file to my FTP folder. I've tried simple motion detection snapshots as well as ANPR. Nothing is being sent to my FTP folder.

> I have selected "Enable Event-Triggered Snapshot"
> I have set up FTP server details and successfully tested this: test file appears in my folder. This took me awhile because to do this I had to set up a static route on my router and change the default gateway, but it connects to the time server and to the FTP folder no problem.
> Under "Basic Event" I have selected "Upload to FTP" under Linkage method and "Enable Motion Detection", Arming Schedule is all blue.
> I have also enabled "Vehicle Detection", I successfully see the Real-time LPR Results
> I have added a microSD card to the camera.
> I rebooted both my NVR and the cameras
> I have the latest firmware

I have run out of things to try, so any suggestions could be most welcome!!

Could there be a conflict with NVR settings that might be overriding my camera settings?

Many thanks,
S

Camera:DS-2CD4A26FWD-IZS
Firmware Version V5.4.5 build 170302

NVR:DS-7716NI-SP
Firmware V3.4.4 build 170526

Hi Phil,

Thanks for the fast response. Unfortunately I had already found that thread and tried it without luck. I already had selected "Enable Event-Triggered Snapshot" under the Camera Configuration. I also just tried it via the NVR configuration just in case it was over-riding the camera settings, but I still have had no luck. I've literally run out of things to try to get the basic motion detection uploading to FTP.

FYI motion detection is saving to the MicroSD card on the device without problem. It is just not uploading to FTP.

The FTP test works everytime. I can see the successful test file on the server. Just no images.

Yeah, I've been through every forum post I could find on the matter. I normally never post on a forum because I typically find the answer, but this has me stumped.

Did you click the link in my previous response and watch the HikVision tutorial video(s)?

Can you set the FTP server to force passive FTP? Or try another one that lets you.

How do you end up setting a static route and changing the default gateway? Can you eliminate some of this for troubleshooting purposes?

Hi Phil - yes I watched the tutorial videos. I had already followed the instructions.

Magic 919 - thanks for the suggestion. I can't force passive FTP so I will set up another FTP and report back when I've done it. I assumed all was okay with the FTP because the test passed.

I set up the static route as per instructions on Camera FTP Access Through NVR . i.e. Setup Virtual host, changed camera default gateway to 192.168.254.1 and added static route in my LAN router. After this I was successfully able to access the time server, perform the successful FTP test and access the camera via it's IP address directly.

The problem has now been fixed. It was an FTP issue. Thanks Magic 919.

In case anyone else reads this in the future - Hikvision have a bug - despite the FTP test button returning a success message and uploading a test file successfully it doesn't mean that the FTP is working.

I found the error by simply trying a different FTP service.

Thanks for the help.

Back