01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Uploading Event Captures to Dropbox from DS-7608NI-I2/8P

rosswill

New user looking for some advice. I have read conflicting advice regarding being able to upload stills to an external Cloud device from the NVR. On my device under storage management I can only see Cloud2.0 as an available option? I read elsewhere that cloud storage is only applicable to HQHI-F/N and HUHI-F/N, and all – K series DVR? If this is true are there any workarounds? Thank you.

DVR = Digital Video Recorders = for use with analogue (co-ax) cameras
You have an NVR = Network Video Recorder
Hikvision's NVRs do not have a backup to cloud function

Point 23:

I think I'll need more guidance than that sadly. Now I have email captures working at full resolution it's less of a requirement I think as these images are now stored offsite anyway.

Hi @rosswill

As @Phil says above the Hikvision NVRs do not support cloud storage, the user manual the other forum user has sent is for individual cameras which can be linked to network storage, but an NVR manages far more data than a single camera and so trying to send all that footage to the cloud would just use too much data/bandwidth, look at point 23 in the 30 Tips post that Phil has linked to for a more detailed answer on why this isn't possible.

I am seeing several sites advertising the DS-7608NI-K2-8P as "now having cloud storage" to Onedrive, Dropbox or google drive??

Has there been a new version of this model released to include this function? How can other sites advertise this if they don't include it??

Not sure if it's allowed but i can name the websites if you want to have a look !

The Hikvision NVRs do allow you to FTP files to a NAS (network-attached storage) device, but I would not call this 'backing up' as FTP only allows you to send stills and/or video clips of event triggers and does not allow you to back up continuously, also the setup of FTP is much more complicated than those other sellers may make out from that simple statement. It is not just a feature you turn on and off, it requires some network setup and is not something we have ever tried ourselves.

Unless someone else on the forum can give any instructions on how cloud storage would be set up to a Google Drive or similar then we would have to say that as far as we are aware cloud storage is not possible from a Hikvision NVR.

Thanks Dan, Seems these other "sellers" are misselling to their customers.

I find it amazing that Hikvision provide cloud storage options for DVR's and not NVR's, Ridiculous !!!

Back