01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

Uploading Security Certificate Issue

Craig_A

Hi,

I'm having issues getting my Hikvision DS-7732NI-I4 / 16P NVR running Firmware Version V4.1.50 build 180227, uploading/installing an Issued Security Certificate by Lets Encrypt.

I have checked the user guide and other Hikvision documentation however as per what we have all came to expect from them its not detailed or it is missing the information that we require. They all appear to direct Admins to use Self Signed Certificates.

Within the NVR, I navigate to Configurations, Network, Advanced Settings, Network Services, and select the radio button "Signed certificate is available, start the installation directly" and click on Browse and navigate to my issued Certificate on the local computer. When I select my pem file (name.pem) and says "upload failed". I have also converted using OpenSSL to other Certificate formats. However it says "upload failed". I have used the Root Admin account as will as other admin accounts however none appear to accept the Certificate.

I have had no other issues uploading similar issued Lets Encrypt Certificates (and ones that have been converted using OpenSSL) to other Network Devices.

Has anyone else been effected by this and found a solution.

Thanks

Craig

Hi,
Does this video help?

Also, not your NVR model, but the attached may help?

Attachments

• Enabling Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Connection in Plug and Play NVR.pdf
    548 KB · Views: 1,355
Hi Phil,

Thanks for the replies, unfortunately those are the Hikvision guidance I already came across and only relates to having the NVR generate its own Self-Signed Certificate, rather then uploading a certificate authority issued Certificate.

Its a bit weird how the options with regards to Certificate uploads are:
1) Create Self-Signed Certificate.
2) Signed certificate is available, start the installation directly. (the option I'm trying)
3)Create the certificate request first and continue the installation.

its almost like the Firmware has these in a place holders or Hikvision just wants Admins to use Self-Signed Certificates.

Don't know if it is worth making contact with Hikvision UK Support to query via them (would they answer a query from an end user)? or possibility wait until the next firmware.

Thanks

Craig

Back