01304 827609 info@use-ip.co.uk Find us

use of HIKVISION in OBS Studio

Silvio

I recently purchased two Speed Dome Ip Hikvision Ptz 25x Ds-2de4225iw-de, and I need help to view their image in the OBS Studio program used to stream.

I have already tried the two formats suggested on the website Hikvision RTSP Stream URLs

That are:

rtsp: // <address>: <port> / Streaming / Channels / <id> /
rtsp: // <username>: <password> @ <address>: <port> / Streaming / Channels / <id> /

and the image does not appear.

Do I need to activate any settings on the camera?

In the VLC program I view the camera with rtsp: // user: passord @ IP: PORT / Streaming / Channels / 1

why does it not work in OBS Studio?

I also need to view the cameras through the Milesight VMS program because I already have some MULTISEC cameras that I use through it, how should I do?

I worked with OBS studio very little, but i remember that i needed to make new scene and new source. Play with that.

You don't need to activate anything on the camera.

If you copy that URL of RTSP on web-browser do you get an image?

rtsp://USERNAME:pASSWORD@IP_ADRESA:pORT/Streaming/Channels/101 is URL i used.

I recently purchased two Speed Dome Ip Hikvision Ptz 25x Ds-2de4225iw-de, and I need help to view their image in the OBS Studio program used to stream.

I have already tried the two formats suggested on the website Hikvision RTSP Stream URLs

That are:

rtsp: // <address>: <port> / Streaming / Channels / <id> /
rtsp: // <username>: <password> @ <address>: <port> / Streaming / Channels / <id> /

and the image does not appear.

Do I need to activate any settings on the camera?

In the VLC program I view the camera with rtsp: // user: passord @ IP: PORT / Streaming / Channels / 1

why does it not work in OBS Studio?

I also need to view the cameras through the Milesight VMS program because I already have some MULTISEC cameras that I use through it, how should I do?
We use a Floureon CCTV IP camera to stream church services, using OBS. The camera sometimes gets recognised as a Hikvision. The default program to watch it is IPC_AX which runs in IE and wants active X. To find most cameras install iSpy on a PC (they are known to have the largest database and it's free). I used to run the rtsp feed in OBS but found that if the image stopped it wouldn't refresh. What I found to work really well is to watch the camera with IPC_AX and do a windows capture in OBS. There is a delay of 535ms so in OBS you add that to the sound delay. If you have other sources, slow them down so that they are also running with that delay. If you have to slow video down, you add a filter in the source. max is 500ms, so if you need more, you add render delay twice: 500ms and then extra (e.g. you can time a simultan translation, rather than to follow the original, to make it at the same time and you'd record the video with one language per stereo channel from which you can choose when playing back, through panning)
The other evry good method is to go via Manycam Studio (you need that level in order to do PTZ) The cost automatically covers two machines and works on Mac and PC. This also lets you use the CCTV camera as a webcam for Zoom, Skype etc, it will also output to NDI and multiple streams. If you have several cameras, you can set them up to be cycled through them with individually set dwell time. Back to OBS: you don't need to run IPC_AX because MCS recognises RTSP. You create a scene with MCS as source. So whatever you have selected in MCS is what's showing in OBS. if you need the OBS output elsewhere you can use Virtual Camera in OBS which makes output available as webcam for Zoom, or, in conjunction with MCS OBS NDI output, NDI captured in MCS on the Mac and output used as webcam in e.g. propresenter

Back